• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Optic

TexasHunter90

Private
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2021
Texas
I haven’t been on here for a while and I’m considering a new scope.
I’ve been considering Arken EP, Bushy Match Pro, Burris XTR, and the Zeiss Conquest v4. I’m sure Zeiss will get the nod but I wanted to ask. Rifle is a heavy weight 300 prc so weight doesn’t concern me any.

I’m an leo if that helps so I have access to sites with some discounts.

Reactions: redneckbmxer24
You have given us zero information. What are you doing with the damn thing. How much are you willing to spend.

Depends which XTR you are looking at. There are three levels, you don't say which one.
I have an XTR II 4-20, I won't buy another, the glass sucks.
I have used a 3-15 which I was quite happy with.
The Arken is serviceable, the price, especially right now on sale, is hard to beat.
The match pro, again, which one?
Range use only, during the day? Athlon Midas Tac.

I know this is probably gonna make you laugh.. but how will it compare to my Mk5? Or my VX-5’s?

Please don’t shit on me too hard.
Mk 5 is a great scope as well, so is that Bushy you mentioned. Pic a reticle you like and run it. Arken is annoying AF as a company so they are not even on my list. Burris=Bushy=Mk5=zeiss>Arken

You have given us zero information. What are you doing with the damn thing. How much are you willing to spend.

Depends which XTR you are looking at. There are three levels, you don't say which one.
I have an XTR II 4-20, I won't buy another, the glass sucks.
I have used a 3-15 which I was quite happy with.
The Arken is serviceable, the price, especially right now on sale, is hard to beat.
The match pro, again, which one?
Range use only, during the day? Athlon Midas Tac.
Predominantly a blind hunting rig, some spot and stalk, nothing crazy.
XTR iii 5.5-30- scr 2
Bushnell match Pro ED 5-30

Illumination is important for lowlight hunting for me. It’s by far my biggest complaint with my mk5.
I’m not a guru, just a knuckledragger who sometimes has huge buyers remorse and I want to most bang for my buck and remain serviceable. I’m no stranger to shooting distances but I’m still learning optics and so much has changed since I outfitted my other rigs.

I’d love to stay under 1k on this optic not including rings.

What mag range? I have a couple Burris scopes, and xtr3 3-18 and the XTR Pro. Both are pretty good scopes.

Ten 4. I just looked through my XTR Pro, actually has good illumination. I can't remember how expensive those are, might be out of your price range.

Now that I think about it, I have an Athlon Cronus scope that I also thought punched way above its price. The illumination is good, the reticle is highly intuitive, and it just seems to be a good all around scope. I think that one is made in Japan, not Chinesium is that matters to you.

Ten 4. I just looked through my XTR Pro, actually has good illumination. I can't remember how expensive those are, might be out of your price range.

Now that I think about it, I have an Athlon Cronus scope that I also thought punched way above its price. The illumination is good, the reticle is highly intuitive, and it just seems to be a good all around scope. I think that one is made in Japan, not Chinesium is that matters to you.
They run very similar to the Mk5 with Leo pricing. I try like hell to avoid China, even though some of the ones I listed are made there. I just have a bad itch for new toys.

I’ve been considering Arken EP, Bushy Match Pro, Burris XTR, and the Zeiss Conquest v4. I’m sure Zeiss will get the nod but I wanted to ask. Rifle is a heavy weight 300 prc so weight doesn’t concern me any.

I’m a leo if that helps so I have access to sites with some discounts.
Great sale on Zeiss S3 on mile high.

Reactions: FuhQ
It’s gonna be one of these two for now, Burris XTR ii 5-25x50 or Meopta Optika 6 5-30x56 both on sale on Euro Optic. I would love opinions.

It’s gonna be one of these two for now, Burris XTR ii 5-25x50 or Meopta Optika 6 5-30x56 both on sale on Euro Optic. I would love opinions.
I can see you've made your mind up.
Not sure why you're bothering to post this question.
The 5-25 xtr ii has really shitty glass. I think you should buy it.

I’ve had several burris XTRII. The 3-15 is a great optic. The others are less than desirable on the upper end of magnification.

The XTRIII you mentioned above would be my vote if you want burris

I can see you've made your mind up.
Not sure why you're bothering to post this question.
The 5-25 xtr ii has really shitty glass. I think you should buy it.
Show me on the doll where it hurts.

Just trying to save some money and have fun. Thanks for your help.

• Haha
I own two zeiss one 4-16, one 6-24. Zero issues with either of them, I feel they have very good glass in their price range.

I’m an leo if that helps so I have access to sites with some discounts.
If you wanted lightweight and geared more towards hunting, the Zeiss V4. But if you want more tactical/shooting, but still plenty huntable, then I'd opt for the Burris XTR-III 3.3-18x50.

If your budget allows, a used Kahles K318i CCW RSW SKMR3 would be a great option.

I run a bunch of the Zeiss V4 6-24x50's on my hunting rifles because the glass is good, and more often than not, I don't need FFP for deer hunting in Alabama. But I have a few LR hunting rigs that have bigger/heavier/more tactical style FFP scopes and reticles. I have a Kahles K318i CCW RSW SKMR3 on my main deer rifle, and it's still very lightweight.

Show me on the doll where it hurts.

Just trying to save some money and have fun. Thanks for your help.
Of the 2 you mentioned, the Burris XTR-II 5-25x50 SCR MIL that is on sale at EuroOptic is hard to beat for the price. I have several of them that I bought to replace cheaper and outdated scopes on rifles. Personally, I'm not a Meopta fan, so I'd go Burris. The Meopta is ergonomically retarded, so until they fix that abortion, I'm going to keep avoiding them. Also, the Optika 5 and 6 I looked through at my local store were not anything I'd write home about. They weren't bad, but IMO (through my eyes) the Zeiss V4 has better glass.

A used, or on sale, Zeiss LRP S3 4-25x50 ZF-MRi would be a great option, as well.

Wouldn't get the XTRII, glass in the one I had was terrible, I have a couple of the XTR III's and they're great. For hunting I prefer the SCR reticle not the SCR2, it's pretty small at lower magnifications. I also have the 3.3-18 SCR on a hunting setup. The 5.5-30 SCR2 on a match rifle.

Wouldn't get the XTRII, glass in the one I had was terrible, I have a couple of the XTR III's and they're great. For hunting I prefer the SCR reticle not the SCR2, it's pretty small at lower magnifications. I also have the 3.3-18 SCR on a hunting setup. The 5.5-30 SCR2 on a match rifle.
The early model XTR-II's had bad glass. The newest models have much better glass.

Reactions: TexasHunter90
Predominantly a blind hunting rig, some spot and stalk, nothing crazy.
XTR iii 5.5-30- scr 2
Bushnell match Pro ED 5-30

Illumination is important for lowlight hunting for me. It’s by far my biggest complaint with my mk5.
I’m not a guru, just a knuckledragger who sometimes has huge buyers remorse and I want to most bang for my buck and remain serviceable. I’m no stranger to shooting distances but I’m still learning optics and so much has changed since I outfitted my other rigs.

I’d love to stay under 1k on this optic not including rings.
Huge buyers remorse? Maybe after the 5 year electronics warranty expires for Zeiss and especially the Bushnell Match Pro and Match Pro ED with illuminated reticles if this fact matters to you otherwise buy a scope with a bumper the bumper real lifetime warranty including their electronics.

The Meopta Optika 6 5-30x56 RD MRAD with illuminated reticle currently on sale for $699.99 at EuroOptic and Scopelist is your best bet with Burris Signature XTR 34mm rings for your under $1000 budget. Nothing will even come close to this Meopta Optika 6 at this price. Lifetime warranty including their electronics and have yet to hear a single person stating he or she ever needed to send in their Meopta scope for warranty. It's comparable to many $1200-$1500 scopes.

And here’s the like 10th post of the morning of you shitting on an S3 that you have no experience with because you’re hot and bothered for a Tract that you’ve made up in your head is the same.

Zeiss may be assholes to deal with on warranty, but at least they answer the fucking phone. I tried almost daily for 3 weeks calling Meopta to ask some questions about warranty in the event it’s needed and not once did they answer their phone or return any of the messages I left.

Maybe you haven’t heard of anyone sending theirs in for warranty because they can’t even reach them to do that.

And here’s the like 10th post of the morning of you shitting on an S3 that you have no experience with because you’re hot and bothered for a Tract that you’ve made up in your head is the same.

Zeiss may be assholes to deal with on warranty, but at least they answer the fucking phone. I tried almost daily for 3 weeks calling Meopta to ask some questions about warranty in the event it’s needed and not once did they answer their phone or return any of the messages I left.

Maybe you haven’t heard of anyone sending theirs in for warranty because they can’t even reach them to do that.
Don't ASSume anything. There's a group of shooters here that use Zeiss and local dealers sell Zeiss as well. I got to compare them to the Razor Gen 3 already and aside from the vastly different warranties, their glass are very similar and turrets felt crisper on the Zeiss but the style of turrets looked really old fashioned design using multiple set screws holding the turrets on and lack of yardage markings on the parallax.

Having heard not even a single peep of anyone complaining ever about their Meopta screwing them over come warranty time anywhere whatsoever on the internet I think is a very good sign.
All it really takes is one peep to mark a perfectly unblemished quiet history. Now if you Google Bushnell sucks or Bushnell warranty sucks and check the complaints and F rating on the BBB then that's a-whole-nother story.

You should really change your handle to something more fitting such as Redneck rottweiler.