• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New Paint Job

x ring accuracy

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2008
Parrish, Fl.
www.xringaccuracy.com
Hey all,
Just got done with a new paint job on a personal build. Looking for input before I part with it. Don't be shy but I do want constructive critcism. Thanks, Woody
www.xringaccuracy.com
100_2024.jpg

100_2023.jpg

100_2022.jpg

100_2021.jpg

100_2020.jpg

100_2019.jpg

100_2018.jpg

100_2017.jpg

Re: New Paint Job

I trust you were trying to get the barrel and action to match the stock... you got really close!! Nice job...

DK

Thanks,
I did the base coat in Cerakote OD Green and then used Cerakote black on top using a paint brush. It is a 243 and shoots great even using junk factory stuff. I will post the target from the proof firing this evening. No pics on the process as once the OD Green was shot on and dry I set the stock on the bench as a "guide" and laid the action / barrel in front of it and got creative. I have a customer who has asked that I do this to his rifle I am presently building so I will take some pics as it progresses.

Are there any issues to Cerakote sticking to itself on the second coat?

Nice work.

nice. that would be sweet matching that to different stock color patterns. nice

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Penta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are there any issues to Cerakote sticking to itself on the second coat?

Nice work. </div></div>
That stuff will stick to axle grease
smile.gif

And the barrel bending illusion is attributal to my poor photograhy ability.
grin.gif

Matching the McM swirl deserves a round of applause. Never seen that done before, and I've seen a lot.

Great looking rifle! I'm going to assume you shoot out at the Manatee range? I haven't been out there in a while but will be coming out soon for the 565 and 1000yd matches. Are you shooting in them?

Nice looking paint work. Might be a dumb question, but can you put the bake on stuff on the stock and other plastic?

Yeah, Not sure what the specifics are on baking composite stocks, but I haven't seen any type of warnings or "what type of parts not to coat" directions while I was doing some research on what paint to go with. I would think if something as crucial as the stock shouldn't be baked, it would say so somewhere. Dura Coat is the best bet IMO. It will work as well as any other coatings without baking it

You can coat the stocks with the oven cure cerakote. You want to cure it at 170 degrees F for 2 hours. Plastic, wood, Glock polmer frames, all kinds of stuff. The cerakote does bond to its self. What you do is Flast the base coat at 170 degrees for 20 minutes and them use your templates or you can coat wet on wet if you are not using templates. After you put your last coat on, then cure it.

Booty

Decision time....
I think I will put it up on the block if any of you gentlemen know of someone who may be interested, let me know. I will post the ad thread tomorrow. Thanks to all for the input.