• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos New Paint Job.

boom2336

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2010
Fallbrook, CA
So I just got her painted up. What do you all think of the job over all, and how do you all like the personal touch. Since this photo was taken I have subdued the Badge a little. All I have left to do is get the PST from UPS tomorrow, get it painted and mounted. Then just remove some frog tape, and put on the cheek rest.

And the scope just came today.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Ok So she is finished. Scope Mounted and fully painted</span>

Re: New Paint Job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rideHPD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks killer, what stock is that? </div></div>

Mcmillan a4....?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boom2336</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rideHPD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks killer, what stock is that? </div></div>

Mcmillan a4.
</div></div>

Not being a dick... but are you sure?

I see where you are going, and honestly I am not 100% positive. I just picked up the rifle from a friend and he just said a-4 stock. I assumed mcmillian, but it obviously is not. When I get home I will take the action off and find out. I the mean time,does anyone have any clues as to what brand stock this is?

Looks good. If the scope is new I'd put it through its paces before she got painted. Just an idea, probably hard to send it back if there are problems once its painted.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good. If the scope is new I'd put it through its paces before she got painted. Just an idea, probably hard to send it back if there are problems once its painted. </div></div>

Thats why I like Vortex's no questions asked warranty

It's not an A4 for sure, maybe an A5. The thing that makes it look like its not is the little cut out on the cheek wield area. Unless he did that himself then it could be an A5, but don't know how he repaired the stock after cutting into it, and no clue why he would cut into it like that unless he had a custom cheek riser put on it and didn't give it to ya.

Looks like a5 and nice lookin paint job
smile.gif

I reall appreciate the props on the paint job. This was my first go at painting a rifle. Maybe next time I will do a Cerakote.

will you tell us what paint you used? and how you liked it? wanting to paint my remmy and scared to think about f**king up such a nice rifle with a shitty paint job. yours looks great. nice pics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dunnfer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">will you tell us what paint you used? and how you liked it? wanting to paint my remmy and scared to think about f**king up such a nice rifle with a shitty paint job. yours looks great. nice pics. </div></div>

I used Krylon Camo and this stuff they sell on base. It is something " Mil Spec". For the scope I used a straight edge to cut out strips of painters tape to cover the incriments and what not. For the chamber I just stuffed paper towels in it till it filled and cover all areas that I didnt want painted. I used a peice of foam for the barrel since I didnt have a foam ear plug.

I layed a coat of khaki color for the first base coat and didnt like it, so I just covered it in coyote tan. After that dried, I used a laundry bag to make the snake skin pattern.

As far as being scared to paint a rifle... DONT BE. As long as to cover over and tape the chamber, barrel up you dont have much to worry about. If you want to strip it off their is plenty of stuff to do the job. I used Acetone and towels to remove the old paint job. The Khaki base coat I didnt like I just painted over. I figure that if I scratch the paint over the khaki, there will be a coat left.

if you still are scared to do it watch YouTube and watch the air soft fags paint their guns. Take notes, hints and tips from there. Then practice a little bit on like a BB Gun, Water gun or what ever.

So supplies:

A few cans of what ever base coat.
-One Can will cover it, but you will want a back up just in case.
A can of each over color
Green Frog Painters tape
Ear Plug ( for barrel)
Paper Towels
Exacto/Hobby knife with fresh blade.
A fan/Box fan (expidites drying)

Also when spraying, hold the can 8"-12" off the rifle. This will ensure that you dont get a gloss, even with a matte paint. Also before you start spraying, wipe down the rifle down with acetone/alcohol ect ect, to remove grease or oil.

great tips, especially the practice on a bb gun 1st. I got an old one here that might just be screamin' for a sweet desert camo.