• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New paint on the SPS

CalmlyDeMented

Staff Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2008
MO
Finally got brave enough to paint my SPS. I'm happy with the results. I don't think it turned out to badly for my first time. Thanks to knockemdown, el gordo2, and LoneWolfUSMC for the inspiration and the great instruction. Still have to paint the bolt and the inside of the flip caps.
DSC02393.jpg
DSC02394.jpg
DSC02395.jpg

Re: New paint on the SPS

Great job!What type of paint did you use on the barrel?

I used Krylon camo fusion. I'm pretty happy with the results.

Very nice, you did a great job! Some are hesitant to do this but you can probably attest it wasnt hard. Make sure you post it in the Krylon thead in the field photography forum.

If I knew it was going to be this easy, I would have done it long ago. I was a little nervous before I started, but after seeing how well yours turned out I decided to take the plunge. I'll check out the Krylon thread.

what colors did you use and what method of applying it

I used Olive Drab, Tan, and Black. I used the sponge technique I got from el gordo2 and knockemdown's threads.