• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New Playground

kraigWY

CMP GSM MI
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2006
Wyoming
A guy invited me to go with him to shoot his AR 50. Turned out he shoots near my house.

There is a gravel pit about 1.5 miles from the house. The gravel company just reciently moved to a new location leaving the old pit (which is on BLM land) to rifle shooters.

You can easily get 2500 yards. Further if you got creative. You can shoot up hill, down hill or leavel, your choice.

There are several banks at where they took out the gravel, and people have just been painting the targets on the cliffs. Easy to see dirt kick up around your target or on your target so you can do your own spotting.

Got a new spot to spend my summers. I have been driving up to 300 miles for my long range shooting but not no more.

This was the 1st time I shot a 50 cal rifle, I found out, like 50 cal shooters report, those suckers don't kick much at all. I don't think they kick as much as my 300 WM (I don't use brakes).

Might have to get one of those puppies.

Just comments from a happy camper.

Re: New Playground

Damn dude, is that 300 miles in one day RT? You definitely have a passion for shooting if you're willing to drive that many miles.

Nah I'd make it a three day trip. To Lander, we shot a NMC on Saturaday and 1000 yard match on Sunday.

I'd go on Friday and camp on the range. They had gongs to 1400 yards. It was a lot of fun but at todays gas prices, I could put that money into components.

I'll still go to matches but at least I have a close by practice range.

Gotcha. That's great you finally found a hidden gem so close by. I was going to the same spot for a while and bitching about how I could only extend to 300 yards or I'd have to hike a mile or two over a hill just to reach an area where I could at least shoot downhill to 500 yards. Turns out one day I decided to travel half a mile past the spot I frequent, I went down a dirt road and around a corner then came upon 2 miles of flat untouched land. It was like the clouds had parted, god shined a ray of sunlight upon my face and 100 virgins were waiting for me.

Sounds perfect.
Until you get targets set, we have a range south of Gillette to 2075, and shoot most weekends.
Always welcome here.
Miles

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultraman550</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gotcha. That's great you finally found a hidden gem so close by. I was going to the same spot for a while and bitching about how I could only extend to 300 yards or I'd have to hike a mile or two over a hill just to reach an area where I could at least shoot downhill to 500 yards. Turns out one day I decided to travel half a mile past the spot I frequent, I went down a dirt road and around a corner then came upon 2 miles of flat untouched land. It was like the clouds had parted, god shined a ray of sunlight upon my face and 100 virgins were waiting for me. </div></div>

Hey Ultraman, where is this Heavanly shoot site?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamesP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultraman550</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gotcha. That's great you finally found a hidden gem so close by. I was going to the same spot for a while and bitching about how I could only extend to 300 yards or I'd have to hike a mile or two over a hill just to reach an area where I could at least shoot downhill to 500 yards. Turns out one day I decided to travel half a mile past the spot I frequent, I went down a dirt road and around a corner then came upon 2 miles of flat untouched land. It was like the clouds had parted, god shined a ray of sunlight upon my face and 100 virgins were waiting for me. </div></div>

Hey Ultraman, where is this Heavanly shoot site? </div></div>
Sent you a PM