• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Potential World Record ELR Shot

Well hopefully at this level the guy has some decent follow through and a couple good spotters which can walk him into a bit closer with each miss. i wasnt thinking statistics, only that for every shot and every miss provided you can see a splash or your miss, the more shots you take, a hit probability should go up.

Yes, that makes sense. I was thinking more along the lines of the others saying "if you throw enough lead at it, eventually you're bound to make a random hit."

From another gun forum, not sure why this never surfaced before, it is the accuracy people seem to demand though.

Attachments

• photo76655.png
    photo76655.png
    121.7 KB · Views: 17
LOL that article is fucking garbage:

"Overall, very impressive. What is incredible is the accuracy of the Performance Guns rifle. An accurate rifle at a minimum should be able to hold a 1-inch group at 100 yards. Good glass, consistent ammunition, and a good shooter should be able to hold a 10-inch group at 1,000 yards, 20-inch group at 2,000 yards, 30-inch group etc. Charlie shot a 40-inch target at 5,000 yards, which means that at a minimum his rifle is capable of shooting a .80 inch group at 100 yards"

I wish it was that simple past 1k....I Really really do.

If folks wanted to they could set up a record shoot, as their event. I know there is an industry and participant group working on trying to establish some parameters for such an event.

If the Tonopah 2 Mile had gone forward we would have had every shooter the second day prime for a "record" opportunity.

I expect that sometime shortly after SHOT 2018, there will be more come out from the group that is currently discussing potential rules and parameters for calling things a record. Not that everyone is going to like the rules they put out, or give them any weight in their opinions, but the groups has a lot of industry support and participation.

"Overall, very impressive. What is incredible is the accuracy of the Performance Guns rifle. An accurate rifle at a minimum should be able to hold a 1-inch group at 100 yards. Good glass, consistent ammunition, and a good shooter should be able to hold a 10-inch group at 1,000 yards, 20-inch group at 2,000 yards, 30-inch group etc. Charlie shot a 40-inch target at 5,000 yards, which means that at a minimum his rifle is capable of shooting a .80 inch group at 100 yards"

Does that mean my .250 moa rifle will shoot 17" groups at 5000 yards? And still hold 34" at 10,000 yards?
Plus one hit on a target is not a group. I can shoot 0 moa all day with 1 shot ;')

Last edited:

Lol that would be awesome if it worked that way. All kidding aside I have met people that think that way and it's comical that they don't realize that's not the way it works.

Lol that would be awesome if it worked that way. All kidding aside I have met people that think that way and it's comical that they don't realize that's not the way it works.

You can tell who hasn't actually shot beyond 400 yards when they start talking like that. I know I had an eye opening experience the first time I shot longer range when my 1/2moa gun turned into 1moa at 600 yards and 1.5moa at 900. lol

You can tell who hasn't actually shot beyond 400 yards when they start talking like that. I know I had an eye opening experience the first time I shot longer range when my 1/2moa gun turned into 1moa at 600 yards and 1.5moa at 900. lol

And usually, it's not a linear relationship.

I've decided wind has a brain, and it's evil. Evil I say.

I invited a guy to shoot at a range near me since he never shot past 100 and my local range went to 600. He though he was pretty bad ass when he hit a few of the smaller plates but he had a 1/4 moa factory rifle so it wasn't a problem for him. The facebook group put together a shoot at a range that went to 1280 and he said he was going to hit the 1280 target something stupid like 7 or 8 times out of 10 rounds with his .308. He shot at the silhouette with both his .308 and 300 win mag and never hit once but he posted all over facebook about him hitting it.

So far no one set a framework for what size target and number of shoots for the record ,but i love it how you take the record for notverified,yes some Russians could be just fake news.

So far HRC 'records ' have been the chessiest and most widely publicised ,but follow the same script an old fart fancies himself for record books so hires a team to build him a rifle rent a range and get him on target in xxxx number of attemps the old fart is basicaly there just to squeze the trigger and pay the whole show and definetly not low shot count affair, as on one of the vids for the 3.800 yard record some one is cooling the barrel with a damp rag

''"We at HCR want to give a special thanks to Jim Spinella. Jim is a great reminder that our business does not exist without great customers,"

Reverse -20 mil ramp for the old fart at HRC and a box of ammo LOL too much strain on the neck shooting all day trying to hit the target [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/www.range365.com\/sites\/range365.com\/files\/styles\/655_1x_\/public\/screen_shot_2015-10-01_at_1.00.36_pm.png?itok=9PS_RZSU"}[/IMG2]

I watched that video in the past and just laughed to myself. Multiple spotters, target cam, unlimited rounds, etc. Give me a break!
better yet, move the target back 50 yards and bring me a belt-fed and half an hour and then I will be the new record holder!!