• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New product from TAB GEAR

Tburkes

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2002
Bandera, Texas
I've been kicking the idea around in my head for over a year on making a rear bag that can be filled by the user. I've been seriously playing with different ideas for the last couple days and have come up with what I think will work just fine. One of the bad things about velcro, especially in tactical environment, is that dirt and debris can quickly make the velcro lose some of it's effectiveness.

There are several bags on the market that have a small tube that you use a funnel with to insert sand into the bag. I wanted something that you could easily dump handfuls of material into so you could quickly fill the bag onsite without needing anything else to help accomplish this task.

We finally decided on using a zipper. We use the same #10 zipper that we use on all of our gear and it performs great.

This would make it convenient for guys to cut a pound or two out of their check bag weight if you fly with your gear to matches. You would be able to fill them up on site with dirt that is on the ground.

When the bag is empty if folds down to a very small package and takes up so little room you could have several of them in case you need more than one filled.

They also make a great bag for other small pieces of equipment that can be hard to find in a pack. You might have to buy two so your wife or husband can have one, April's already eyeing these for a makeup bag.

Here is a short video on filling, sealing, and emptying the bag.

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v601/tburkes/IMG_4371_zps0729585a.mp4

We will have several of these into the hands of people to do some unbiased T&E for us shortly. I figured I'd let everyone know about one of the products that we're currently working on. I will make an announcement when it is ready for sale. Thank you for your interest.

Tony I bought one of your rear bags from rifles only, and just recently a pollack mat off you. This is a great idea and will pass it on to the canadian gun nutters. TAB gear rocks

Should I just go ahead and send a blank check for a couple ? I'm a Tab Gear addict.

That's a awsome idea! What's the price going to be? Also are you making different sized bags...maybe down the road?

Thanks guys, I still need to receive feedback from testers to determine if I we need to make any changes to anything. Then we'll figure pricing and availability.

Yes, we will be making bags in various sizes in the near future and this refillable model will be incorporated into all the sizes we will offer as well.

This is really cool I will def have a couple when they come out. My TAB rear bag is the only rear bag I use. (Other than my cheater pump pillow :) )

Great idea man, Since I have almost everything TAB has put out and I like this means I will own a few of these. Tony, any thoughts of making a really light weight bag like I see these days. I'm a bigger fan of the heavy ones as they seem to do a better job but have been thinking about buying one or two to throw in a pack since theyre so light for additional needs. This will likely fill that need but I was just wondering. I like this as your can make your own lightweight bags, use it as a storage bag or how the video showed. Great ideas man. Love seeing the company grow.

Nice Tony. I carried around a denim bag with a zipper for years in my deployment pack for that very purpose. I ended up stuffing that thing with everything from extra clothes to twigs and berries.