• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories New Product - Garmin Xero ARCA mount - $89 shipped complete

McLeod_Precision

Supporter
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2021
Arizona
www.mcleodprecision.com

$89 shipped in US.

Yes, I got a Xero for Christmas and it is awesome. One of the many benefits is the small size and weight which begs to be side mounted off the ARCA on your competition rifle. Did the barrel speed up mid match or are you just off your game? Slap it on there for a quick check on the next stage.

Of course there are others who make these mounts, but at $200+ bucks, I had to laugh. I am making my own. I am betting there are some others out there thinking the same thing and this should be priced accordingly. Here it is.

Comes ready to use including the ARCA clamp installed. The retaining screw for the Xero is captive so you won't lose it. The Xero mount is a slot so you can slide it left or right a little bit so you can adjust clearance for any external weights, rails, my Stabilator, etc. The external dimension wraps around the Xero providing a bumper to help avoid banging up the Xero if your rifle ends up on its side or you get agro on a stage with the thing still on there.

Made from 6061-T6 completely in house and black Cerakote applied for finish. 8oz weight without the Xero installed. .350" thick and very stout. The ARCA clamp is inset to prevent shifting. The Xero can be rotated slightly on the mount if needed. The position that the Xero is sitting in the first picture clears my Stabilator plate by 1/2" in case you are wondering. The ARCA knob also easily clears the Stabilator.

I have some in stock now and will be making more to ship by Jan 8th.

1000000845.jpg

Attachments

• 1000000856.jpg
    1000000856.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 215
  • 20231230_123351.jpg
    20231230_123351.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 206
  • 1000000847.jpg
    1000000847.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 183
  • 1000000846.jpg
    1000000846.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 174
  • 1000000857.jpg
    1000000857.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 182
Yeah, I can throw that screw pattern in there so you can bolt on your own RRS btc pro clamp. Not a big deal. Give me a week or two, I have to source one to play with. They seem out of stock. Will dig around. Good idea, thanks guys.

Reactions: waveslayer
Like the Garmin Xero, another product to add to our passion for firearms that is not over inflated in these times. Although I don’t need one, just want to say thank you!🙏🏼

Last edited:
Reactions: 808H200321
Great, thank you. I updated the website so you can select "without clamp" option, if any of you folks want to get your orders in now. I suspect I will be ready to ship these by 1/12. Just waiting for the sample RRS clamp I ordered to show up. I know the hole pattern is standard, but I want to insure the clamp body indexes in the right position.

On another note, those of you that put orders in over the holiday, thank you! They ship out tomorrow.

I ran out of clamps and will have more soon. If any of you put in an order after 1/1-3PM Pacific for one with the clamp, please note it will be delayed for a week or so until I have more clamps. I will also drop you an e-mail as such. All other orders already in and shipping have clamps.

www.mcleodprecision.com

Thanks,
Kevin

The updated version with the RRS BTC pro hole pattern has been cut today. Here is a pic of one before Cerakote which is getting done this weekend.

I should have the rest of the hardware Tuesday so these will ship right after that next week.

If anyone wants a raw aluminum one, let me know. I also picked up some coyote tan Cerakote if anyone wants to be different.

20240105_135341.jpg
Kevin

Reactions: Rhed
The updated version with the RRS BTC pro hole pattern has been cut today. Here is a pic of one before Cerakote which is getting done this weekend.

I should have the rest of the hardware Tuesday so these will ship right after that next week.

If anyone wants a raw aluminum one, let me know. I also picked up some coyote tan Cerakote if anyone wants to be different.

View attachment 8315578
Kevin
How do you order a coyote cerakote?

The response to the Coyote Tan color option was better than expected! Thanks Folks.

Please note that I added color options to the website product page so you can select Blackout, Stealth Grey or Coyote Tan. We are not shooting Stealth Grey today, so if you pick that, there is a week delay as we shoot Cerakote once a week. Today is Blackout and Coyote Tan. For reference, the Stealth Grey is what I use on the Stabilator Pro V3 and you can look at it on the website for reference. I will add pictures of the Coyote Tan here and on the website later today.

Those of you that DM'ed me for the Coyote Tan and placed your orders already, I have you covered, no worries.

Kevin

I feel like I know this answer but wouldn't the rrs pattern match the pattern for an area 419 arca clamp? I have an extra area 419 clamp arca since I upgraded to a rrs pic/arca combo

Hey Folks,

All pending orders shipped today. You should have got an e-mail with tracking info. Any questions let me know.

I am cutting a fresh batch right now and we are shooting Cerakote Saturday morning. If any one is on the fence or wants to get an order in, please do so today. When we paint Saturday. I can insure we fulfill all colors. This batch will ship Monday. One Coyote Tan left in stock from prior batch ready to ship. $89 shipped with the clamp.

Thanks,
Kevin
20240111_140706.jpg

I will be at the NRL Hunter match - Ghost Hunter in Paulden, AZ on Sunday. We are a sponsor of the match and will be giving away a Xero Sled and Mini Grips at the awards ceremony. I am also bringing 5 black Xero Sleds, 5 Coyote Tan Xero Sleds and 6 Mini Grip's for sale. Cash price at the match only is $60 for the Xero Sled and $25 for the Mini Grip.

Come find me at the dinner and Awards ceremony.

Thanks,
Kevin

Thanks again for hooking me up with an FDE mount! This thing is awesome.

IMG_3080.jpeg
IMG_3081.jpeg

That is a bad ass rig!

Take a look at the hunter grip on my site Mcleodprecision.com they will fit the keymod slots and give you a positional support grip. They are black, but I could run a batch of coyote tan if needed.

Thanks for providing feedback that resulted in support for more clamping options. Your feedback gets put into the parts and is integral to the development process. Thank you. Keep it coming.

I added some more clamp mounting options from other requests, will post the details this weekend. Cooking cerakote tomorrow.

Kevin

Did a run of a different color today for my own rig and shot 6 of them the same. 5 left and I just put them on the website. Cerakote Carbon Grey. Only doing the 5 units for now unless there is demand. Check them out in the pic below that shows the Blackout, Coyote Tan and Carbon Grey all together.

I also added support for more customer owned clamps. I have verified the RRS BTC PRO and AREA 419 clamps. You can verify your clamps fits by measuring the center to center hole spacing is 1.1" (ARMS-17 pattern) and the width of the clamp (center line of holes to edge opposite the lever or knob is no more than 1.280" which is an exact measurement no fudge factor). This fits a pretty large clamp.

You can see the new hole pattern supporting the wide clamps on the Coyote Tan one. I do have 4 of these in the Carbon Grey with the new hole pattern.

Also testing another clamp that is ARCA and pic rail compatible. Saves about $50 over the BTC PRO option. Will post that next week when I get those in for fitment.

Yes, These are 6061-T6 Aluminum machined in my shop.

Order at https://mcleodprecision.com

20240128_153249.jpg

FYI for those that know, you know, but for those that don't know... McLeod Precision has some awesome customer service! I asked him to send me a Garmin mount bare because I had a spare Area 419 kicking around that would work great with his Garmin setup. He sent it to me and I loaded it up and it didn't quite fit right. I sent him the picture and asked him if he had any ideas of how to make it work. And he basically said, "yeah, I think I have an idea. Send it back with your mount and I will redesign my whole mount and it will work awesome right after and you will love it!" He spoke prophetically- He has stellar customer service and appears to constantly be looking to improve and upgrade his products. This guy is the real deal here on the hide! I hope everyone supports him and his business. People that go out of the way to do this kind of stuff like he has deserve it!

Before-
78308.jpeg

After-
20240130_005523.jpg

Flawless...

Thamk you for the kind words!

This is not a one off, I adjusted thr hole pattern to support both the RRS BTC Pro and the Area419 clamp.

I also added a second set of threaded holes that support larger clamps. The picture below is a customers clamp made by SunwayFoto and it has both ARCA and Picatinny support like the BTC Pro. The clamp seems well built and is very large.

The SunwayFoto clamp is available as an option on my website if you want one. $60 for the clamp when bought with a Xero Sled. About $40 cheaper than the BTC pro, if you need support for both rail formats and don't already have a spare clamp.

The second photo shows the new hole pattern. Specs for the pattern are on my website.

Thanks for all of the input, this is how we make things better for us all.

Buy at:
Mcleodprecision.com

Thanks,
Kevin

1000000976.jpg

1000000955.jpg

Buy with my clamp option for $89 shipped. Use your own clamp option as well for $74 shipped.

Machined in my shop on Haas VMCs from 6061 Aluminum with a Cerakote finish. 3 color options.

Buy at:
Mcleodprecision.com

Thank you to all of you who have bought one from us! I am just keeping up with demand from hide members. About a dozen variants in stock now and we are machining another batch tomorrow.

Kevin McLeod

Attachments

• 20240111_140706.jpg
    20240111_140706.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: MisterOrange
Would it be possible to add a hole to the middle of the bottom of the sled to allow the tripod to be threaded into it? Then you could alternatively use the arca mount that would attach to a rifle to mount to a kestrel mount or something...