• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos New QD Brass Catcher

ohiogunnut

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2008
Ohio, USA
Got a new quick detach brass catcher from http://www.tacticalbrassrecovery.com/. Have to say so far I am impressed and love that I can swap it out easily between guns. The other feature I like is that it is very light weight (mostly made out of kydex). Weather is still fairly unpleasant, so it hasn't made it out to the range yet.

Re: New QD Brass Catcher

if you choose the shooting position just right....
1 Shot 2 hits
bullet on target, brass on noggin!

Nice bag. Where did you find it? And how much brass will it hold?
Not that I want a bag to hold a lot of brass while firing, But for after, looks like it makes a great brass bag while picking brass off the lines.

i do that with my ruger MKII anywhere up to 4 bays down when we do our rapid fire part
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: furtaker_.223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice bag. Where did you find it? And how much brass will it hold?
Not that I want a bag to hold a lot of brass while firing, But for after, looks like it makes a great brass bag while picking brass off the lines. </div></div>

The details on the bag are on the link above (and how I ordered it). Supposed to hold 250 .223.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911Jerry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would this work if you have a high rise rail on your AR?

Thanks

Jerry </div></div>

Should as long as you have a quad rail handguard. Actually mounts on the side, not the top (which is one of the reasons I ordered it). The 3BUCC brass catcher won't work with Larue mounts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It looks like a lawnmower bag. </div></div>

THIS

I got one also and am also pretty impressed. I was actually working on something similar as DIY project and then found about this one. Went ahead and got one just to basically see what they had done with it, like that it attaches to side rail on 4 rail handguard and folds up when not in use for storage. also like that it can quickly switch from gun to gun. Also use Larue mounts so that makes any of the ones that clamp on top useless. Would have thought that some of the brass catcher manufacturers would have dealth with the issue of Larue mounts and the all the other mounts that make it impossible to use the brass catchers clamped to the top rail.

Can you post pictures of it off the rifle, so that we can see exactly how it attaches?

Thats a really neat brass catcher

How much? I looked all over and couldn't find it.

Their site says 240 .223 rounds. $80

I am at work all evening so can't post any new pics. If you dig around on their website, I think "the big idea" link has quite a few pictures which show the attachment in detail. You can also order it online from the link (lists price/details/etc).