• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Reloader from MN

Joh02051

Private
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2020
Hello,

I have always had a 30.06 rifle both in a bolt and a pump. This year i have purchased a Larue Tactical full upper and lower in a 5.56 and a .308 (Below is some information around the guns them self.)

I have just purchased all new Redding reloading supplies for 30.06, .223 and .308 and have some questions. I am looking for recommendations for bullets for reloading for the 5.56 and the .308. I am looking to do some ”self defense” rounds and some range rounds for the 5.56 and for the .308 do some longer range target shooting and some longer range hunting. If anyone can help with some recommendations of bullets and maybe some reloading tips that would be great.

5.56 has a 16” barrel with a 1-8 twist
.308 has a 20” barrel with a 1-10 twist

Thank you in advance for any advice you could pass on to a new member and new reloader.

Cory

Sounds like you are feeding your addiction well.

Welcome to Sniper's Hide from Ocala, FL.

Welcome to the Hide from Middle Georgia. Check out the reloading/handloading areas . Just make sure you 1) ALWAYS start with the lowest charge and gradually work up in charge weight for powders. 2) Anytime you change one component, you are safest going back to the starting charge weight...variables cause variables that can be fatal. 3) NEVER shoot someone else's reloads- caveat- I have bought reloaded ammunition at estate sales for components ONLY. ...and rarely. And estate sales can be good places to find reloading equipment that saves quite a bit of money (e.g. the Lee Turret Press I have cost $25 and I've had it 17 years) Best to you Brother and glad you're here...