• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Reloading bench..Instructions and Specs added

Handloader

Minuteman
Jun 11, 2009
Lewisburg, Ohio
I just finished my new reloading bench. I broke my old one two nights ago trying (empahsis on trying) to remove a stuck .308 case from the resizing dye (I pulled up too hard trying to free the case, and crack. I then ripped the bench apart). I designed the bench the night I broke the old one. Picked up the lumber on my way home tonight, and finished the bench before I went to bed. I still did not get he case out. I will send it to Hornady for $4.00 to get out the case (and yes I did drill and tap the suck case but it will not budge).
08182009067.jpg
08192009069.jpg

Re: New Reloading bench..Broke my last one

Have at it...if you want the specs and cut list, I'll be happy to send it to you.

Can I get a PM with the specs and cut list as well? SWMBO recently said (seriously) "It looks like you need a bigger bench."

Give me a day or two and I will post all the specs and cut list here. It is all hand drawn, but I will redraw my plans on graph paper and scan to an image.

OhioGunNut...I copied the wife on the pics (did not want her to go crazy when she redeployes back home), and she likes it (however she is unaware that I encroached her office area...whoops).

ChadTRG42...I will anchor to the floor and to the back wall..thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Handloader</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will send it to Hornady for $4.00 to get out the case (and yes I did drill and tap the suck case but it will not budge).</div></div>

Try sticking the die with the stuck shell in the freezer for 15 minutes. It's possible that you can get the shell out then.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnsopa</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Handloader</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will send it to Hornady for $4.00 to get out the case (and yes I did drill and tap the suck case but it will not budge).</div></div>

Try sticking the die with the stuck shell in the freezer for 15 minutes. It's possible that you can get the shell out then. </div></div>

The canned air works pretty well for this, turn the can upside down and hose it down with the liquid. Much faster, about 100F colder, and you get the side-effect of huffing while you're working... win win win.

Hells yeah! Good looking bench. Do you have to remove the single stage to use the progressive?

That looks stout as hell! Nice job.

Is that a can of Hornady "One Stuck" on your bench?

OK, just saying.

Well done. Very functional and a good solution to what seems to be cramped quarters. That 90* angle placement for your Dillon (650?)is a nice touch too.

Will you be placing a vice aboard somewhere?

Here is the Cut list, instructions, and drawings for those that requested them. I am not versed in CAD so this is my best attempt.
Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Slide6.jpg

Hope that helps. Feel Free to use and copy!-Handloader

I Have a huge vice in the garage..no plans on putting one on the bench

Whoops...forgot......total wood cost was less than $60.00 from Home Depot, Aug 09