• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New Remington AAC in a BC What do you think?

remi308

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2011
Roseville, Ca
Just put this together yesterday, Still planning on a bartlein barrel swap but curious to see how this shoots.

4jsydj.jpg

5bzfcw.jpg

rvxbpe.jpg

Re: New Remington AAC in a BC What do you think?

very nice looking rifle, let us know how she shoots...

Looks good! Any upgrade to the stock is a bonus! My AAC still sits in the factory Hogue and it is horrible. I can alter the free float with very light pressure, even sitting on sand bags.

However, just got back from the range shooting mine for the first time and it was impressive! Many different types of factory ammo. Consistently less than MOA(.8-.9 MOA) with a couple good groups of 0.6"(all 5 shot groups). Not as good as many on this forum but for me I was impressed!

I bet your stock will make a difference!

Just finished bedding my AAC in it's B&C A2, could do sub MOA in it before Devcon with hand loads, just a hair better now. You should be pleased

Nice ,,, Im looking at getting my AAC into a B&C as well ,,, The barrel swap your speaking of ,, Is the AAC worthy of all this,, I have one but was just wondering if it would be cost effective vs just buying a better rifle and going from there ,, Anyway just asking

Got the EXACT same rifle in the EXACT same stock. Went from 2'+ to 3/4" . The Houge stock was junk!

How well does your bipod work on that square bottom fore end? My Harris doesn't want to stay straight because it was built for a round stock

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WM5L</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How well does your bipod work on that square bottom fore end? My Harris doesn't want to stay straight because it was built for a round stock </div></div>

Not sure if mine is a different bipod but this one is a harris BR, Works fine for me. Took it out to the range this morning and printed some very nice groups with sierra 175's and Varget. Had one 5 group all touching at 100y. Very pleased so far. Probably shoot the hell out of this barrel and wait for my bartlein to come in.

Rifle looks great and the green web color is my favorite! I also see that you have the new Lyman case prep express. How do you like it?

Man why the Barrel swap. Please tell me you're going to burn it out then swap it. Because if not you just paid 650+Tax on a Rem 700 action..that still needs 250 dollars worth of truing and then an other 250 worth of cambering/crowning the new barrel that you will have to pay 300 bucks for?

If you are going to do that I will buy that barrel from you, swap it with the one on MY AAC-SD when I burn it out, then shoot the shit out of it and...Then replace. With a good stock and some good ammo these rifles will shoot with what they have...And yes the Bartlien will be printing tiny tiny groups so I don't blame you....Seriously let me know with a PM I will buy that "Threaded Chambered 20" .308 w/1-10" twist, suppresor ready" barrel.