• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Remington Platform?

Re: New Remington Platform?

I called yesterday to get info... Surprise the lady said she has no idea about the gun, call back next week. Really??? I'm very disappointed.

Being a die hard Remington fan, it's sad to say their best days appear to be behind them. Freedom Group need to sell the company to someone who cares about something besides the bottom line. I hope they have something better to unveil for 2013 because this looks like a bad joke. As others have said "so sad".
frown.gif

Regards,
Paul

Just some thoughts from the business side. First it's inexpensive, probably shoots like a Savage. User can make trigger adjustments, and change their own barrels. Now lets look at our economical state. More people making less money wanting to shoot, but can't justify $1200.00 for a 5R or $3500.00 for a custom. For $1000.00 total they can own a complete system that rivals the more expensive systems, and then they can brag about their cheap set up.

Yes, I do understand there is a difference between the two, and I have customs only because I can, same as many of you can. However, we are the minority, and Remington as well as Savage know this. That's why I think it will be a success for them.

My personal opinion is that it's ugly, and cheap. I can't do either myself. Kind of like driving an AMC Pacer with a hot rodded engine. That's just my personal opinion.

One more thing. This rifle is to target a certain crowd. Guys that know better font have to buy it. They still make the higher end rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunnut284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"New - from the makers of the 710, 770 and 522 Viper" </div></div>

Lol. Those were all tragic designs. I have a 522 I got when I was 10 years old. Remington should have to buy all those POS rifles back.

I could be way off but that action looks suspiciously like a 770 action. I definitely will not be one of the first to own one, going to wait for the first year of reviews to come out.

Remington is slowly digging their own grave. If they want an economy rifle cheaper than the SPS offerings why don't they market the ADL? Walmart, Dick's, and Cabelas all sell them but Remington doesn't market them at all. They run $400 in the stores and I can't think of a better rifle for $400 or less.

What I would like to see is Remington to improve on the R700 action and charge a little more. I'd love to see a side bolt release, Sako or M16 style extractor, and a one piece bolt out of the box. I'd gladly pay more for it because those upgrades cost me way more than what they could do it for. We all know it won't happen though.

Looks like a savage and a remington tried to breed and make a cheap tikka. It's ugly, and I'm sure not worth the piddly $400 they are going to charge. Yes people who know nothing about guns and play video game will think COOL a remington sniper rifle for $400. And they will sell a few.

The status of "American made" is very sad. Craftsmanship is not an option. Mass produce for maximum profit is the new standard. All the great gun companies have been bought out and turned to crap. Has anyone played with a remmlin? (Remington made Marlins)
JUNK!!!!!

A good friend of mine inherited a bunch of old guns from his grandfather. All American made, the quality that went into the manufacturing of those guns is unreal. Old 870 wingmaster is beautiful, smooth, and far beyond the new ones. Old lever guns fit and finish outstanding, the feel they have is so solid and perfect. Winchester 1889, needs a cleaning but still, the feel of the breech opener, the hammer spring, everything is top notch. With the old guns you can tell a human, a master craftsmen, has done an honest days work building the best guns in the world (at the time).

Sad to see the direction America has headed. the only affordable factory rifle I'm comfortable buying is Tikka. Good product every time.

It's a little fuglier than I thought. Hope it dosen't have the same hammer fudged barrels of there latest batch....... Definetly a niche gun.

That thing looks like hammered dog schidt!