• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New RF Binos

digger9523

Private
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2012
United Kingdom
Just picked up these new RF Bino's today. Going to give them a try tomorrow:

DSC00975.jpg

Re: New RF Binos

Yeah they were expensive, but they've already been put to good use. We've got a deer here called a Muntjac, not a very big deer. Clients that i take out stalking that have never seen one before will 9 times out of 10n miss or clip them high because they way over estimate the range. Basically because it's small. So with these new bins i can give them a running commentary on the deer and the range at the same time. It's so much easier for me now, so i think that justifies the price tag.

I hope to pick up a set of these soon for groundhog season. No more carrying the rangefinder AND binos around the field. Less is more.

I'd be interested to hear how they range on small targets and some of the max readings your getting from it

may i ask why you guys say stuff such as 'No more carrying the rangefinder AND binos' or 'with these new bins i can give them a running commentary on the deer and the range at the same time' ?

because zeiss and leica have rf binos out for a really long time. the _concept_ is nothing new.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: threetrees</div><div class="ubbcode-body">may i ask why you guys say stuff such as 'No more carrying the rangefinder AND binos' or 'with these new bins i can give them a running commentary on the deer and the range at the same time' ?

because zeiss and leica have rf binos out for a really long time. the _concept_ is nothing new.</div></div>

because I don't like leica or zeiss........

I'm a swarovski whore

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: threetrees</div><div class="ubbcode-body">may i ask why you guys say stuff such as 'No more carrying the rangefinder AND binos' or 'with these new bins i can give them a running commentary on the deer and the range at the same time' ?

because zeiss and leica have rf binos out for a really long time. the _concept_ is nothing new. </div></div>

Yeah you can ask. I've compared all 3 in the field (Before i owned the Swaro's, so my trial was not prejudiced to what i had spent my money on) and the Swaro's came out on top in terms of Clarity, weight, size, ease of use, ergonomics and even looks, so they're pretty much better than the rest in every way.

I never meant to suggest that these were a new concept though, just that they were the best in their field. Once upon a time, i had a separate RF and bins, so Every time a client asked me the range i had to put down the bins, get out the RF and give them their distance. The afore mentioned Muntjac are always on the move, so any time wasted could lose your client a shot.

Lazed a cow in a field 1635 yards away from the house the other day, and the SwaroAim feature gave me 1610 allowing for the incline, only a 20 yard difference.... I'll be trying to max it out this weekend, got a great spot on some acres i shoot over that is perfect for it. I'll let you know how i get on. Or you could just hop over the Atlantic and try them out yourself?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dpreston</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: threetrees</div><div class="ubbcode-body">may i ask why you guys say stuff such as 'No more carrying the rangefinder AND binos' or 'with these new bins i can give them a running commentary on the deer and the range at the same time' ?

because zeiss and leica have rf binos out for a really long time. the _concept_ is nothing new.</div></div>

because I don't like leica or zeiss........

I'm a swarovski whore </div></div>

+1 to that!

I've been told that there is a minimum ranging distance. Have you noticed a minimum range?

I only ask for bowhunting scenario.

I haven't tried it at close range mate, but I've heard you can't get a distance under 30 yards. If true then it'll be no good for you i think
frown.gif
The laser guide is superb though, perhaps have a look at one of those? I maxed one of those out at 1999 yards, step back a yard and it comes up with "Err", so i reckon they didn't put the 2 into the Thousands line!

Swaro certainly screwed the pooch on that one. 33yds minimum ranging distance, what the hell?!?! I'd have a pair by now too, as I'm kind of partial to Swaro as well.

I'm still waiting to get my hands on a pair of the 10x Zeiss though. I can't imagine they will suck, and with the rebate being offered right now, it's a pretty good buy I'm sure.

Yeah, it may be something to do with bow hunting being illegal in many parts of europe, but considering their popularity around the world they should have catered for the archers i think. Friend of mine sold his Zeiss RF's to buy the Swaros, he wouldn't go back to them. But when a deal is to be had....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What the fuc# do you need to range at 30yds and less with X10 power binocs - </div></div>

It's all relative my friend, bow hunters consider that a fairly long way....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nick Simmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What the fuc# do you need to range at 30yds and less with X10 power binocs - </div></div>

It's all relative my friend, bow hunters consider that a fairly long way.... </div></div>

30 yards isn't very far with today's gear. 30 is my first pin.
For traditional guys 30 yards is a longer shot, but if you are traditional you shouldn't need a laser?
Cheap lasers wok fine for archery..We are speaking about snipers rifles here right? lol

Yes i do bow hunt, (20,40,60 pins)
If you can spend $2500 on x10 binocs that range find, you can spend a little tiny bit more and get a proper small rangefinder for bow hunting.

Love the Swaros myself, I thought they only went out to 1500yds? and angle shots, it only gets to about 60degree right?

Dan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nick Simmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They Definitely Do Not give a range under 30 yards! So no good for the archers I'm afraid:( </div></div>

thanks for the update

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes i do bow hunt, (20,40,60 pins)
If you can spend $2500 on x10 binocs that range find, you can spend a little tiny bit more and get a proper small rangefinder for bow hunting. </div></div>

The whole idea is to have binos and range finder in one. I do understand it probably isn't too ideal with a 10X at less than 30 yds and anything less than 30 can be guessed pretty close anyways.

I also got the Swaro RF and the things are amazing!

As far as the concept not being new that is correct several compaines have made them for years now. Though IMO I have had swaro binos and rangerfinder for years. I think it is some of the best glass you can get as far as bino's. Ive used leica in the past there good work like there suppose to. I think swaro has them beat as far as clarity goes. So, when they came out with the new RF I sold my binos and ranger and bought the new ones. Are the expenisve yes thats a given but buy once cry once.

As far as ranging under 33 yards that part sucks I will admit. It is a 61 degree angle I believe will have to double check on that though.

Also side note i dealt with Alex from Euro optic great company and is a Hide sponser

I have been waiting for Swarovski to come out with these for a long time! Have been using Leica RF binos which I am going to be selling soon to get these.
I like the Leicas but have always been a bigger fan of Swarovski for hunting equipment.
How about ranging long range over flat terrain - heard a salesman say the swarovskis are prone to bouncing off grass in these situations. I have a hard time believing that. Have you tried doing this?

Nfoley sent you a PM on the binos.

I havent had any issue with them bouncing of grass between me and the target.

<< Jealous. Perhaps one day my salary will allow me get nice glass/RFs. Congrats !