• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Rifle Finally Arrived

Let me add more information. My new rifle is actually the Savage MSR 10 "Precision" with the 22.5" heavy barrel in .308. I have ordered an Arken SH4 6-24X50 GEN2 FFP MOA VPR Illuminated Reticle with Zero Stop - 34mm Tube and their 20 MOA Rigid Precision Mount. It uses genuine Mag Pull P-Mags so I ordered three extra 20 rnd mags and one 10 rnd mag. Now searching for a bipod that takes advantage of the full length ARCA rail.
I will be shooting off a bench and need enough height to clear my 20 rnd mags. I would appreciate any suggestions for the bipod. Leaning toward the AccuTac but not sure how tall to get. Like most things they are back ordered.

Reactions: bfoosh006
Congrats, tough to beat how a Savage shoots out of the box. I use a standard height atlas PSR bipod and have no issues with clearance using 20rd Pmag LR/SR mags.

Reactions: LinemanBob
I was able to order an ACCU-TAC BR-4 G2 Arca bipod and it is on the way. My son gave me a new rifle case and I took a quick photo.

Attachments

• Savage MSR 10 Precision.jpg
    Savage MSR 10 Precision.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: Cuban Croc
Well, it took some time but I did finally locate a Savage MSR 10 in .308. I am excited to try it. Now I have to wait for my scope and mounts. Is everything in the shooting world back ordered. I did receive 1,000 rnds of ammo at a fair price. I am also looking for a good bipod for the ARCA rail.

Looks good.
I have the msr 10 lr. in 308
I got mine when they 1st came out.

Hope this turns out to be a good rifle and you post your experience with it.

I had problems with mine and sent it back .

Right out of the box it should shoot half minute of angle with FGMM 168.
Mine did.

175 and up opened up to 1 moa+ and savage recommends the 168.

I'm sure savage has made improvements since then?
I noticed there is a locknut on the adj. gasblock now. The older version didn't have this. I just recently ran into a problem with mine and carbon seems to cause the detent not to engage. I cleaned the gasblock and mine still works fine.

I only shoot 175 gr. and up and put a JP SCS heavy in mine and now I run a hoter load at 2670 fps .
Took some time to work out some bugs but that was then. I'm sure yours will be a good shooter.
Looking for a range report soon

I agree with the conflict between 308 (etc.) mag height and bipod height. When shooting off the bipod I use 10rd Magpul Gen III's. (PA-10)
agree, OP, just get yourself some 10rd mags and don't worry not to mention, it keeps the rate of fire down a bit as you need to reload them more often than the 20s.

I'm a fan of GG&G bipods

I received the bi pod and it looks amazing. Nothing stamped all billet. Strong and slick. The ARCA rail allowed it to slip right on. Plucked some foam out of my case and slipped it in. Now waiting for my scope and mount. I will post pics when it arrives.

As far as one poster calling it a " shit gun" I am sure she did not mean any put down.