• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

new rifle is here... need 375 cheytac brass length

jwoolf

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2010
Dallas, TX
I'm getting everything together at the moment...

found a neck turner

found the dies

found a starting load

found the bullets

found the brass trimmer

I don't have the cartridge specs, however.

What is the trim to length for this beast?

Re: new rifle is here... need 375 cheytac brass length

Just measure 10 pieces of your brass, pick the shortest one on average and trim to that length. Some will be a couple thou shorter but they will grow in the next couple firings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just measure 10 pieces of your brass, pick the shortest one on average and trim to that length. Some will be a couple thou shorter but they will grow in the next couple firings. </div></div>

Problem is that I can't find any 375 brass so, I'm going to just buy 408 brass and neck it down so, I'm sure it will grow in the process of necking it down.

What are you guys doing for trim to length?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DBohn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This will tell you what length it can be for your rifle.

http://www.sinclairintl.com/.aspx/pid=32925/Product/Sinclair-Chamber-Length-Gage

The only problem is you have to sacrifice a piece of brass!

</div></div>

You may have the right idea on this one. Just trim an extra .010 off and should be golden. I hate to sacrifice the brass in that they're 2.00+ each but, it's better to know for sure how long the chamber is.

Every chamber is different and the 375 is kind of out there as in, not many folks are shooting them yet.

I'm so friggin' excited.... can't wait to shoot this beast!!!!!!!

Ran the numbers in JBM last night and, WOW!!!! 3200fps out of a 330gr solid at .941 G1 BC!!!!! damn.... out here should stay supersonic to 2800yds!

I'm picking up the rifle tomorrow from my gunsmith and, I can't wait.... ( I doubt I'll sleep much tonight )

I'm still waiting on my rifle so I don't know. I run those chamber length gauges in all my rifles so I can let them grow until I have to pull the trimmer out.