• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New rifle suggestions ???

Muldoon7

Private
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2012
Hi everyone,

I’ve finally saved up and bought some high end gear. I got a Schmidt in the eurooptic sale and I need something to put it on. It’s amazing I never realized how amazing some nice glass is. I’ve decided to buy once and cry once so I’ve got anywhere from 3 to 4 grand to spend on a rifle. It’s been awhile since I’ve bought a rifle so I’m a little out of the loop.

I initially thought maybe an ai at or a sako trg but I’ve been looking at the masterpiece arms rifles and they seem like great features for a good price.

I don’t shoot matches or anything but I go out with my buddies and shoot long range quite a bit. I’m looking for just a good rifle with lop and height adjustment as I’m a tall guy.

If anyone has any other suggestions at what to look at as well I’m pretty open to suggestions. I really dwell on a decision before I pull the trigger on buying things so any input I’d value.

Thank you

You’re on the right track with the AT, don’t derail yourself. That rifle will last a lifetime and can be passed down to your kids kids.

There are lots of ways to have badass guns. I currently have 4 Long Range guns and am actually trying to pair down the collection.

Sako TRG 300WM
KRG Folder.
Lilja Barrel.
Pros: It's a great shooting gun for ELR type stuff. It would be great for camping on a clear cut for Elk. Recoil is basically negligible for caliber.
Cons: It's heavy as fuck so I wouldn't want to go backpacking with it.

Surgeon 6.5 Creedmoor
KMW Sentinel
Pros: It's a good match gun with a truck axel of a barrel.
Cons: It's heavy and long as fuck. Wouldn't want to carry it a lot.

FN SPR A1
260 Remington
Pros: It's a good do-everything kind of rifle. Good enough trigger. Great bolt. Controlled Round feed.
Cons: It's not the best match gun in the world because it isn't heavy as fuck.

ARC Nucleus
6.5 Creedmoor 22 inch
Pros: It's the perfect rifle. Remington Varmint Contour at 22 inches. Not too short. Not too long. It's going into a lightweight stock. It'll be in a KRG Bravo or something similar. Not too bad to shoot off-hand or from the knee. A pretty good stalking rifle.
Cons: Not heavy as fuck. Barrel isn't super long. Probably not going to be used at matches.

I’ve had numerous setups, and always wanted an AIAT. Finally got one and regret not getting it years ago. MHSA has a couple AT demos on gunbroker still.

Are you deadset on a factory built rifle? 3-4k can build a nice custom. I just had my first custom built for about $3600. Impact action, Bartlein barrel, TriggerTech Diamond, Piercision brake, all in Mpa comp chassis. 1 1/2 weeks from purchase, to parts in hand. Then I used a local smith in Tempe AZ, had my barreled action back to me in 9 days. Trying to decide on an Optic now.

Attachments

• 7310F08E-CD02-436E-81D6-89BD7BAA0DAA.jpeg
    7310F08E-CD02-436E-81D6-89BD7BAA0DAA.jpeg
    555.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 204C44C6-5C1F-42F1-B4DC-8DD73B2D23DA.jpeg
    204C44C6-5C1F-42F1-B4DC-8DD73B2D23DA.jpeg
    258.8 KB · Views: 33
I'd vote just building a custom action. Lots of new options this year. Especially ones you can barrel yourself (doing my own ARC Nucleus action next week). Impact, defiance (just released a new action), ai, big horn, ARC... So many good options. Plus one for the masterpiece arms chassis. I'm 6'1" 245lbs and love the adjustments in it. Phillip Valeyo had an interesting comment where he said if you want a stock get a manners. If you want a chassis that has a stock feeling then get a krg. But if you want a full on chassis get a MPA. Just fwiw