• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New rifle, Tikka Tactical

fmsniper

1st Sergeant
Minuteman
picked up a Tikka T3 Tactical 24" 308 and Luppy MK4
will take it to the range a a day or so for a test

DSCN4164.jpg

Re: New rifle, Tikka Tactical

i had 1 in a 223 loved that rifle used prolix on the bolt and the action became smooth as glass

Did you buy that new? If so may I ask where? I thought only the 20" barrel was imported now. Thanks.

Pretty decent grouping there, especially considering you are not using primo ammo or handloading.

dot is .831
Shot group is Center to Center .5

I have been getting great shot groups with most all of my 308 rifles using AA 168, the Ammo is great for the price, about 17.00 a box
when I get some time I will work up some loads for it

Do to the rifle being very light the kick is a ittle more than most 308s

I did drop the trigger to 2.5 pounds

I have the 20" version, I love it. Best out of the box production rifle I've owned.

Get a decent stock for it. Those plastic factory stocks are crap.

Consider how "well" a Remington or a Winchester would shoot in a similar plastic stock, without bedding......

Håkan

McMillan and Manners both make stocks for the Tikka T3. I have both a Manners T4 and T2. They absolutely transform the rifle.

John

Bell and Carlson just brought out a sporter style stock that looks pretty sweet, has the lug built into the chassis. I think I saw a real market price of about $250.

I have the T3 Scout in .223 and actually like the factory stock. Keeps the rifle super light and still shoots lights out. Nice grab.

I'd say she's a shooter right out of the box. I wouldn't mess with it at all. I want one in .223.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fmsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">trying to find a decent stock, not many out there </div></div>

Take a look at this one:

http://www.kineticresearchgroup.com/products/w3c.php </div></div>
I'm on the waiting list for this chassis. It'll be nice when I can put this on my Tikka T3 Varmint
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fmsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">a little paint for now
IMG_0616.jpg
</div></div>

Sweet paint, I can't believe the group with AE, Here's mine with a group with Fed Gold.

DSC01059.jpg

NewImage2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fmsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks
will see if tikka makes a 20 moa mount?
</div></div>

I believe EGW is still making a canted mount for it.

fmsniper -

My Tikka 20" .308 Tactical is a great shooter like yours.

Congrats on the new rifle.

I have one too!! I really like it. Here is my range report from Wednesday. Try out the TAC at 44.1 grains. Worked best for me with 168 grain SMK's

Tested out a Tikka Tactical 308 at Burro Canyon range, north of Los Angeles today. I haven't put the muzzle brake on yet...maybe next time out I will give it a try. The recoil is managable without it.

24' Barrel

1 in 11" twist

Bushnell 5 x 15 tactical mil dot sight.

Burro Canyon..65 F, don't know the Barometric pressure or humidty

All groups shot at 100 yards

Tac 44.1 Grains average Velocity 2782 FPS @ 10 feet with a 168 G SMK

DSC00951.jpg

Tac 43.8 Grains avg V 2764 FPS @ 10 feet 168 G SMK

DSC00950.jpg

Glad to see she's being put to better use now fmsniper :} And who are ya callin a Gent? :}~

almost considering making a brake for it?
but 18.0 x 1.0 metric thread taps are hard to find
not sure I really need one?
gun is a pleasure to shoot
I will put a new 20 moa base on it, that way i can dial down my MK4 when shooting 1000 yards, I figure since it topped out at 950 yards i have very little windage left at that point.

I actually am starting to like the stock, its a light rifle, my other 308's are heavy, between this one and my ICON they are both nice and light for carry

Here is how mine 6,5 Tikka varmint shoots.
This is with 130 grain Norma VLD bullets at hundred meters.
The barrel is Tikka factory standard, but the stock is replaced to a TRG chassis. Its now rechambered to 6,5*55 Ackley improved, but both the AI and the standard round shoots equally as good.

I am pretty convinced that the T3 is the world most accurate out of the box medium priced guns.

Regards Håkan

252429_10150322279604408_680984407_9929379_8285756_n.jpg

229671_10150285669444408_680984407_9609813_1264269_n.jpg

222195_10150286159344408_680984407_9616985_3623962_n.jpg

Sure, you guys are coming out of the closet now.

A couple of minths ago when I was asking about the Tikka tactical, no one would fess up to owning one
confused.gif

I ended up buying a 5R instead. (very happy with it).

Glad to see they are shooting so well, I was a bit worried about stock flex with the tikka tactical. I also wasn't a big fan of the plastic bolt shroud on a duty rifle.

Those are some very nice looking rifles, really good paint jobs and some excellent shooting.

I, too, am a fan of the AE 168 grain load. Shoots VERY well.

looks like it turned into a show yours thread so here is mine

20" all black no paint i love it. i do wish i had the 24"

Picture005.jpg

my friend's tactical with 24" (we are in australia, we dont get the 20" here) is extermely accurate for a factory rifle, shoots as good as my 700 LTR. no picky on ammo. he is thinking of a aftermarket stock for it.. the factory stock is a bit light ans soft in some area.. would imagine a high quality aftermarket stock would improve the accuracy on already a very accurate gun.