• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New rifle. UPDATE: Range Report

wareagle700

Minuteman
Jan 5, 2010
SE Georgia
This is my first time putting one together myself. I have a Douglas preminum air gaged #8 contour in .260 remington on the way. I will be instaling everything and blueprinting the action myself. (supervised by dad). I plan on finishing it with OD green ceracoat.

Here it is so far:

Remington700260.jpg

Re: New rifle.

nice lookin so far. be sure to post pics of the whole process, i love to see them and so does everyone around here

Looks almost exactly what I want to make mine look like.
Accept desert camo.

WE,

Bring it on over to the HR matches to see how it does at distance.

Have fun,
DocB

Little brown truck came today and delivered my Douglas .260 barrel. It only took 2 weeks. I cant wait to get this thing put together this weekend. Ill try and remember to take pics of the process.

DSCN0125.jpg

Finally got around to getting this thing put together.
The action has been faced off, lugs lapped in, new badger recoil lug, and barrel properly headspaced and match chambered. Also has new CDI bottom metal, aluminum bedding pillars and acraglas bedding. Here are some pics of some of what we did. I cant wait to get this to the range.

DSCN0271.jpg

DSCN0274.jpg

DSCN0275.jpg

DSCN0286.jpg

DSCN0287.jpg

DSCN0303.jpg

DSCN0304.jpg

Nice work and VERY NICE RIFLE!!

I grew up just down the road from Douglas and they make some top notch barrels. They have done several barrels for me over the years and all were incredible shooters.

Keep us updated on your progress!

Thanks for the replys. It weighs 15 lbs. I built it for target and match shooting but I would't mind shooting a deer or two with it.

Very nice rifle! I admire people with skills necessary for assembling a rifle from components, congratulations! It must be very rewarding feeling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks awesome. what were you doing in the second pic? </div></div>

Looks like he's squaring the face of the action.

Very nice build man! I like the camo on the stock alot, range report ASAP, lol

I may get flamed for this but... ROLL TIDE
smile.gif

Jake

Very Nice! I wish I had the time, money, and know how to do something like that. Look forward to the range report.

Great Job

Awesome rifle, very nice post with the job you have done on it,
Sorry if it is a stupid question but, what is the scope you have on top of your baby ??? it seem to be a nice piece of equipement !!!

Thank's

Marc

Its a Weaver Tactical 4-20X50mm FFP mil-dot.
I love it so far. It has very crisp/positive adjustemts and tracks spot on. Glass is very clear, closest to the Mk4 probably.

Range Report:

I worked up some loads using H4350 and the 140 AMAX. I started at 40.3 and went to 41.6 in .3 increments. All groups are 5 shots. 41.6 did very well with a .19" 4 shot group excluding the flyer (second shot) that I called.(center group) All other groups were around .5-.65".
Flyers are the shots circled in red. I jerked the trigger on those.

DSCN0307.jpg

DSCN0309.jpg

DSCN0311.jpg

Great job man. That is one good shooting rifle and it looks sweet to boot. I'm sure it's extra special to you since you did the work yourself. Great choice with the .260.

Very cool thanks for keeping us updated. It turned out really nice.