• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New rifle, what should I expect

coach4christ

Head mop pusher
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2010
NW Louisiana
Hey guys, whats up? I just purchased a remmy 700p 300 win mag. It's the one with the hs precision stock. What sort of accuracy should I expect from it? I will be reloading, probably 208 Amax's for targets and 200 accubonds for deer hunting. New 1.5 lb timney on the way. Eventually I will blueprint and rebarrel, but for now just drop in a new trigger, bed the action, and shoot. What have you guys seen as far as accuracy out of this rifle? Is it comparable to the 5r? I have a 5r 308 that is sub 1/2 min. Will this be similar?

Thanks,

Coach

If you send it to me with at least 100 rounds of ammo, I'll shoot it and let you know how accurate it is.

I have a 700PSS in 300winmag. All I did was have it glass bedded. It shoots 1/2 MOA with 208 AMAX + R22 or H4831SC. It also shot the barnes triple shocks fairly well, about 1 moa. I was shooting them jammed though (on accident), and the triple shocks like to be jumped. So I think they could shoot tighter if I would have remembered to adjust my die properly.