• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos new rifle

chubbles

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2010
Utah-North
xlr hd chassis, badger m2008 short action, phoenix custom rifles 6.5x47 lapua krieger 1.25" straight taper barrel

Re: new rifle

Man, I thought you had a can on there unitl I saw it was a straight 1.25" barrel. Should shoot great.

That things has to be pretty hefty? How much does it weight? 14 lbs is my guess!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That things has to be pretty hefty? How much does it weight? 14 lbs is my guess! </div></div>

I bet it's around 18.

and the actual retail weight is...17.5 lbs as it sits right now sans scope and rings. she's a robust girl no doubt about it.

Im guessing he just mauked it up for a quick pic. It will have to have a trigger
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackWhiskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is awesome! I've always been a fan of the M2008 action. Are you going to bring it to any of the Park City matches?</div></div>

thanks. ive been dreaming of that action since the first time i laid eyes on it. and you better believe ill be at park city first chance i get.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DREMEL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im guessing he just mauked it up for a quick pic. It will have to have a trigger
smile.gif
</div></div>
We fabbed up some trigger pins last night and installed it, smooth, crisp, and we both went "oooooooooooooo" when it broke. This thing is even better looking in person!
Chubbles will have a detailed range report soon, or else I'll do it for him
laugh.gif

Congratulations on an absolute gorgeous rifle!!! That beast is going to be one hell of a contender...cant wait to see it in person! Love it.

thanks. coldbore is right the trigger sends chills downs my spine. as for distance...i plan to shoot this thing until i run out of elevation and velocity. i had no trouble hitting 1400 yds with my 308 and this cartridge is faster and more efficient so 1500-1600 shouldn't be out of reach.

Love the colors I am building one in a mcrees right now that will end up being the same colors

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoolGuy11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well now I know I cant fit a decent size barrel in mine.</div></div>

when it comes to fitting barrels in the xlr ask kyle, he'll tell you exactly what will and will not fit. that's why i've got an HD chassis under my short action receiver and a 2" dia. handguard.

I will actually be starting on a very similar build to this in the next week or so going with 6.5 creedmoor instead of lapua as I am already set up for it but I am looking forward to it I am likely going with the XLR as well although I have bounced around the idea of an AICS as well. I look forward to hearing how this beast shoots!

This thing shoots little tiny groups, for those who are interested, here's how she looks in action;

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xhzPw2m-fGI&feature=plcp"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xhzPw2m-fGI&feature=plcp" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Shoots 130 Berger's right around 2800 with 41.0gr of H4350

Man, I really like the XLR stock with the fat ass barrel.. Nice RIG !!

oh boy....not a huge fan of the range. i do a little load development and then im outta there. heres a pic of a 5 shot group at 100yds i shot during development. there were some better and some worse this was just one i happened to snap a pic of with my phone. i ended up using 41gr of h4350 with a CCI small rifle magnum primer. i tried a couple different bullets and and powders including rl15 and even some vintage round nose hornady's. basically everything shot good-great. i ended up shooting the berger 130gr which seems to be pretty common. this caliber/gun isnt picky and it just came down to velocity and pressure. once i got up to around 2900 fps without any signs of pressure i was happy.

url]

url]

i love that it doesn't require gunsmithing.
i love xlr's great customer service.
i love the laundry list of options available.
i love that kyle is willing to custom build options that aren't available!
i love the price point.
i love the way it looks and feels.

it does have a couple minor quirks BUT i cant think of any other chassis system id rather have that doesnt cost thousands more, doesnt have a waiting list a year or so long, and doesnt have a nonchalant attitude towards customers.