• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

new rifle

gummer12

Private
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2009
where ever they send me
i am thinking about getting the remington 700 xcr tactical long range in .308 with a mark 4 3.5-10x40mm lr/t m3 and a harris 6-9in bipod i want to start getting into some long range compitions and wanted to see if i can get some answers on things that could be better or what i should get instead from some people that have doing this alot longer than i have. i have been hunting and shooting my whole life so im not to bad of a shot and i have other rifles that i have been practicing on

thanks

Re: new rifle

Tha hell with going and lookin for it that's why you asked us! My knowledge of Remington action rifles is nothin but good. As for the xcr tactical my good friend just got one about 2 weeks ago and it's just as accurate as we thought it would be. It's a sub moa rifle @ 100 and 500 for sure so far. It's the .300 win mag tho and we shot factory ammo to get that. The .308 will be just as good as his and if I were you I would go ahead and get it. But also if I were you I would save a bit more and get the night force 3.5x15x50 scope. I'm not just sayin that because it's my favorite but because it's better. Either way good luck buddy!