• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Roberts Precision Rifles - 6.5 Creedmoor **Update Range Results**

smfourie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2010
Mansfield TX
Well finally got to pick up my first custom build this past weekend. Totally stoked about getting this out to the range and seeing what she will do. Just wanted to share The rifle was built by Aaron Roberts (RP Rifles) out of Houston. Great guy who has done a phenomenal job on this rifle!

Stiller TAC30AW
24" Brux M24 6.5 Creedmoor 1 in 8.5"
Manners MCS-T4A with Mini chassis (Paint by Custom Gun Coatings)
Badger EFR
Timney Trigger
Bushnell XRS 4.5-30 Horus H59
Seekins Rings
Harris bi-pod with Alamo 4 Star DLOC-S adapter
Surefire SOCOM brake and suppressor

Last edited:
Like that camo alot also - what's it called??
Thanks guys. I'm not sure exactly what the camo is called. I found an old pic of a custom Nighthawk rifle that looked very close to this and asked Braden at Custom Gun Coatings to replicate it.

Very nice rifle! Post the pics of the range results once you get it out, i'm sure we all want to see. Are you going to be shooting factory ammo or reloading?

Very nice rifle! Post the pics of the range results once you get it out, i'm sure we all want to see. Are you going to be shooting factory ammo or reloading?
Will do. I plan on starting with factory 140 Amax's since I have a few boxes of those. Later on I'm sure I'll be working up a load.

Ok - no problem. I saved a picture on my computer so I can use it on my next build!!

Very nice!!

Beautiful rifle. Do the rounds feed just as reliably with the AI mags with the TAC30 AW? I assume the AW mags run fine, I was just curious about the AI mags.

Beautiful rifle. Do the rounds feed just as reliably with the AI mags with the TAC30 AW? I assume the AW mags run fine, I was just curious about the AI mags.
I haven't shot the rifle, but I've cycled a handful of AI mags through it and it has done fine. Still haven't made up my mind if I'm going to stick with AI mags or AW mags. I know having the manners mini chassis would require a slight modification to accept the AW mags.

Quickly ran to the range to get the rifle sighted in during lunch today and shoot a string using 140 amax factory ammo. It measured just under .830 center to center. I assure you there is quite a bit of shooter error here so I know there is plenty of room for improvement. Haven't been behind a rifle in over a year. This was the fist 5 shot group after zero. Time to start upping my game!

Last edited:
Awesome rifle! I have to laugh though that you had a professional photographer photograph your rifle. That's one proud rifle owner. Congrats! I'm a lefty too and hate the fact I have to wait so long for a custom build.

Awesome rifle! I have to laugh though that you had a professional photographer photograph your rifle. That's one proud rifle owner. Congrats! I'm a lefty too and hate the fact I have to wait so long for a custom build.

It helps when the photographer is the same person that owns the rifle ;-)

So I came across the thread talking about the 6.5 hornady factory ammo and how certain lot numbers that shot well and ones that didn't. Go figure I have 4 boxes of what's considered a bad lot. Time to start reloading! Was lucky enough to get my hands on 2# of H4350!

Do you mind sharing that info with me ? Im about to pick up some from my local dealer here as he just got a shipment here and i was also going to buy 4 or 5 boxes.
my other question is he currenty has the 120 amax bthp but on a brand new rifle is that to hot of a load? do I want the 140 gr? i'm not in the reload game yet and not sure which way to go.

Do you mind sharing that info with me ? Im about to pick up some from my local dealer here as he just got a shipment here and i was also going to buy 4 or 5 boxes.
my other question is he currenty has the 120 amax bthp but on a brand new rifle is that to hot of a load? do I want the 140 gr? i'm not in the reload game yet and not sure which way to go.

Here's the thread I was referring to - http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...ady-140-amax-ammo-old-vs-new.html#post2961786

I would pose your other question to other members on the forum since I'm unsure. Sorry can't be much help.

thank you smfourie ! keep us updated on the break in of your nice rig.

That's a very well balanced rig. Now, go shoot it and stop taken pictures, smfouria!!!

Just started load development. And I realized how I need more time behind the gun!!! I think she's gonna be a shooter once I learn to do my part. Here's the days best 5 shot group!