• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Robinson Arms XCR assault rifle series

Vitorum

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2010
TN
Does anyone own, or has anyone shot, or know anything about the new generation of Robinson Arms XCR rifles. I know if the past they have had a lot of problems
and apparently they have been fixed in this new generation. Also from what I know it was competing with FNH for the SCAR contract which it obviously
lost. I would actually prefer a SCAR 16s but they don't offer it in the caliber or barrel length I want or else I would probably go for it.

The problem was never with any generation of the XCR, really .
The problem was and still the way the company is run with a total disdain for their customers.
Yes, I own a first gen and while it does run fine, they have made some improvements over the years but it is impossible to get parts from the company and they could care less.
Awful, awful customer service...don't just take my word for it...go over to the XCR forum and read page after page of complaints.
Too bad really, not a bad rifle.
So sad,

The problem was never with any generation of the XCR, really .
The problem was and still the way the company is run with a total disdain for their customers.
Yes, I own a first gen and while it does run fine, they have made some improvements over the years but it is impossible to get parts from the company and they could care less.
Awful, awful customer service...don't just take my word for it...go over to the XCR forum and read page after page of complaints.
Too bad really, not a bad rifle.
So sad,

I concur...read this old post from the owner - Alex Robinson to all XCR owners/customers:

CHANGES AT ROBINSON ARMAMENT CO.

I was actually going to buy one a couple of years ago and my dealer who use to sell their products told me not to waste my money. Even he had a hell of time sending customers' fucked up rifles back for service. After the teeth pulling bullshit he had to deal with @ Robinson Armament, he ceasing stocking their rifles completely.

We've got the newest ones up here in Canada.
They sell well because they're one of the few nonrestricted black rifles here.
Poor design when it comes to accuracy...build quality is underwhelming.
I've had both their 308 and 223 versions.
For the life of me, I don't undertand how they've managed to sell even a few in the us where you can get a very good ar for the same price, and not worry about goofy "restricted" rifle laws.

Well, I just crossed them off the list of companies I deal with. That tirade was beyond description.