• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New Sako Quad trainer

Adam B

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 7, 2005
    grand rapids, michigan
    www.adamboynton.com
    I thought I would share with you guys my new Sako Quad trainer in a XLR chassis
    DSC_0075.JPG

DSC_0076.JPG

DSC_0077.JPG

DSC_0078.JPG

Re: New Sako Quad trainer

nice stick. Still saving to buy my trainer, let alone my long range....lol hope it provides you with all the knowledge you're expecting

Very Nice. what barrel do you have? I love my sako Quad...

Adam did I ever tell you how jealous I am of all your toys!! lol

Great looking trainer bro!!

That thing rocks, did you put it together?

I assembled it, the barrel is a Lilja Sundberg taper

I contacted Kyle at XLR to make the chassis, mine was the first go but he is now offering them. I cant wait to get it out this weekend.

Adam, Very nice. I also have the Lilja barrel. Dan makes some of the best rim fire barrels.

Adam, dont forget to post some pictures when you get back from the range...

Is this what you were looking at when you said " I am going a different route" when you were selling your Manners stock?

Nice job! I was wondering what that "different route" was? Manners was a great way to go, but the picture is very clear now. Let us know how she shoots.

I have the itch to pick up a Quad as well but am haveing a hell of a time finding one...have I missed the boat or something?

Thread is from a long time ago - understood - and I will contact XLR to see if this is a possibility still (the quad isn’t listed on their website), but with that being said.. do any of you know of a chassis option for the Sako Quad?

Thanks in advance

If they’re not available,I don’t think you could go wrong with the quad range.

I was looking at reviews of those. Thanks for the reply. Do you have a range and like it?

I’m also considering the GRS sporter or one of the McMillans.. maybe an A3 with adjustable cheek and an anchutz rail in the forend.. I saw a thread a while back of a cat who had done that with his quad and he seemed real pleased with the results/ergonomics.

Don’t see a lot of quad traffic on the American forums, so I understand there’s limited interest.

McMillan can fix you up with your Sako Finnfire and/or Quad. I put my Finnfire (P94S) in their HTG stock (desert camo). McMillan installed the pillars, adjustable length of pull butt spacers and adj cheek comb. They do an outstanding job and everything fits and functions perfectly.