• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New Savage 10 owner - short throat blues?

wmn2

No doubt it sucks for getting much in the way of variety these days. FWIW, 4064was developed as a competition powder for 30-06. It actually works better in .308. It doesn't meter all that well and it is a bit temp sensitive, but when you weigh every load and get it in the case, it performs pretty consistently with good velocities.

If you have a bunch of H4895 Extreme, I would use that over 4064 just for the metering. But, it's a little fast for the case/neck size but no real issue there except you don't fill the case as full. Consistency is exceptional and I've gotten great results from it. As mentioned, it is less temp sensitive than 4064. I'm seeing 4064 all over the place here and have only seen H4895X a couple times.

Generally speaking 4064 is as versatile as H4895. It just never got the popularity that 4895 did.

4064 is everywhere here as well. I've heard a lot of people say that it's a great powder, but the metering sucks. IMR is all I have been able to find as well. I really wanted to get some Varget, but seeing as how I can't find any I'm going to work up a load with the 4064 and see how it does with the 178 AMAX. If I can't get a good enough run with that, I will have to find other powder options somewhere.