• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Savage 10T-SR rifle

texan79423

Private
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2020
I bought a savage 6.5 creedmoore. Cleaned in up slapped on a vortex diamondback 6X24 scope and went to range. Set target at 25 yards and was on target. Moved to 100 zeroed in> rifle shot lights out 8 rounds all with in 1 inch ragged hole. Shot 12 rounds cleaned bore with Hoppes shot another 8 round all less then 1 MOA. Bad thing the rifle quit ejecting spent brass. Brass was not picked up by extractor. Also bolt is loose in action.

What a shame rifle shoots lights out but wont eject spend round and bolt is sloppy. Another at the range with a new savage 308 had same problem. Guess I will be sending back to savage.

Lol
Welcome to the wonderful world of savage!
Sloppy bolts, crappy extraction and ejection but my o my!
That accuracy!

Reactions: RFutch
I have a older savage 10T in 308 that runs perfect after maybe a thousand rounds

In 1999, I purchased a left hand Savage Tactical for our son in .25-06. It was a laser until it ran into a problem with a particular brand of 100 grain bullet. Still it was a fine rifle. This rifle has led him to become a Savage person, building a .308 which is a fine shooter and that has led him into being a fine little gunsmith, building quite a few different rifles. But to get back to the point of this post, issues began. A 300 Blackout would not extract cases. He recently had the custom shop build him a left hand .22 rimfire and it had all kinds of issues and he is trying to get Savage to make it right. (That would be make it correct, he is a solid lefty)

Now the good news. That old .25-06. He rebarreled it this weekend as well as restocked it (third stock i might add). The new caliber is 6.5 x 284 Norma. Two shots at 25 yards to check the zero (kneeling no less without the use of any kind of a rest )and he hands it to me and says shoot the one inch circle at 100 yards.

Shot landed in the top right hand quadrant of the one inch circle. While checking some loads, he shot a one hole group and several that fell within a half inch.

Savage, when they are right, They Are Right!

How is savage How long does it usually take. Or is there a simple fix done at home?

Send me your address and I'll ship you a larger extractor bearing. It puts a bit more tension on the extractor and is a good place to start.

The upgrade kit tactical works sells made my savage run a lot before.
Better than when it was new in fact.

Another data point: I did the larger bearing trick on two of my Savages and it made the issue much better. Ejection/extraction is still on the weak side, but improved enough to make the rifles serviceable.

Oboy. I took the extractor and ball out to check it out. Lost ball on garage floor. Called wife in to help 20 minute later found the ball. Could not get extractor back in, Watched several youtube videos on install. Vids say push down on ball and side extractor in. BS the ball is the same size as hole you can't push down. Finally figured it out Hold ball in place with flat head screw driver the slide extractor in and lift up on extractor and it will slide in. Simple if you know how it works but took me over and hour and several harsh words.