• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Savage 338 Lapua

Re: New Savage 338 Lapua

check their site or facebook page, i swear i saw a price somewhere

You know, much as I like 700's, at least the next 2 rifles I buy will be Savages. In terms of user service and adjustability, performance out of the box, and in my opinion innovation they have more to offer. That changes when you start looking at true custom rifles, but at my pay grade I'll likely never be able to afford those anyway.

I'm looking forward to more info on these, particularly the new DBM and whether that will carry over to their other models.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SavageStag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wan't one, that is a steal for $1300</div></div>
+1, Seems a great 338 Lapua Magnum affordable option. Unable to find on Savage website yet when attempt to gain more information. In the OP pic barrel looks fluted.

Have shot a 10 FCP HS Precision in 308 and is sub-MOA. It does under a dime at 100yd without modification. If Savage is bringing their FCP out in 338LM is a dream come true. A 'reasonably' priced tactical 338LM option that in time could prove an awesome shooter. When see it confirmed on the Savage website will be able to easily see a picture and know the barrel twist, etc. Look forward to range reports with more pictures. Sako recently went to 1 in 9 for their 338LM rifles when used to be 1 in 10. Wonder what twist the new Savage 338LM sticks are - see on their website the Savage 110BA is 1 in 9 hope the 10 FCP HS 338LM same.

Hope the new one is a model 10 FCP like in OP Savage Official Facebook comment here:

sav338l_info.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/SavageArms/posts/10150172627103549?_fb_noscript=1

Seems a typo, while could be called the 110 like the phase5supply site now says:

Out of Stock
SAVAGE Model 110 FCP - HS Precision

Model 110 FCP .338 Lapua 26 Inch Heavy Fluted Barrel With Muzzle Brake Matte Blue Finish Black H-S Precision Stock AccuTrigger 5 Round
Magazine Capacity : 5
Stock : HS Precision
Caliber : .338 Lapua

Will contact my Savage dealer to confirm the 10 FCP HS Precision 338 Lapua Magnum specifics. Especially look forward to gaining more information on the new 338LM rifles Savage mentioned on FB 5/1/11.

They are supposed to be around the $1300 price mark (.338 Lapua) several dealers are taking pre-orders. However I believe they will not be released until Late August.

Weird, when I talked to savage she said the only new 338 model being released was the long range hunter, I even specifically asked about an HS stocked version...guess not everyone there knows everything.

Im still waiting for a backordered 110BA, I think Id rather have the FCP especially for the price difference. Might have to sell it when theyre available.

Damn, there goes the 110Ba. Id much rather have the HS110 in 338, especially for that price. Now I just have to find somewhere to zero it at 300.