• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns New Scatter Gun-Rock Island VR60

wilsoncs3980

Private
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2008
Dayton, Ohio,
I can't wait to shoot this on Saturday. Took it apart last night and cleaned it. It's not built like a Benelli but for 499.00 it's pretty dang solid. I still need to adjust the position of the red dot and add some flip up sights. Comes with 2 five round mags but I have some 10 round mags on order. I'd love to find a drum magazine for this.

20180803_180904_HDR.jpg

They sure are coming out with some interesting shotguns nowadays. Did you get a chance to shoot it? I probably should invest in a good shotgun myself. Got an an old Remington 870 Wingmaster for hunting, but nothing for self defense.

I shot a box of slugs thru it. Federal tru-ball with the cylinder choke in it. Took one shot to get to zero at 25 yards. At 25 it's deadly accurate. All 5 shots were basically in one big hole. No malfunctions. Didn't have time to try shooting longer distances. I did shoot one round of 00buck at 25. Very nice pattern. I love the thing. 499.00 with a no questions asked lifetime warranty. Can't go wrong in my opinion.

I like the fact that more AR-style shotguns are coming out. I just wish someone would offer one with a collapsable stock from the factory. It seems all anyone offers is a molded in A2 stock.

Dave

Good to see you’re satisfied with your purchase. I’m not entirely sold on the idea yet, but I never handled one either. Does no good to be prejudiced when something can be completely viable. I’ll see about getting my hands on one if the opportunity arises. Otherwise it’s an old 870 I’ll buy next. Hopefully a police trade in. Not a fan of MIM parts myself.

I got one today at a gun show for $380. Came with 2 mags, a stubby forward grip/handle and 2 extra choke tubes. Mine is black.

Just ordered some extra mags, a sling and some Meprolight flip up tritium sights. I never liked the A3 type sights that came with it.