• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Schmidt and Bender 5x45c56

Baer45

Baer45
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2010
Dublin, Va.
anyone looking to buy one or has read a review? I am so impressed with my new NF Actart with 35 power, I can't wait to check out the Schmidt! I have been surprised how handy the top end power has been from spotting ground hogs in the grass to seeing holes when fine tuning hand loads....anyhow, am curious what the demand might be if the price is not an obstacle....

Frank has been in possession of one for months now. Get on it Frank!

Had a look through in store, but no rounds through it. Optically it's everything you expect from S&B but the price...only those with deep pockets need apply.

I'm interested in this one as well for an ELR build. Not sure what the other options are since Nightforce doesn't want my money (i.e. they are too dumb to make the 7-35x with the MIL-C).

I'm interested in this one as well for an ELR build. Not sure what the other options are since Nightforce doesn't want my money (i.e. they are too dumb to make the 7-35x with the MIL-C).

did you call Nightforce and ask them to add Mil-C to the 7-35x? even the 4-16x I did, and they like to hear that before they make a change. Hopefully they will have too many reticles and will have no other choice.

Scott

I'm all in on the new Schmidt 5x45 and waiting for europtic to call. I also love the NF. 7x35! I'm an moa shooter so their MOAR rectical works fine. I never cared for high power scopes until 2 things happened: An old benchrest shooter (and a darn good one) said to my questioning his power, "Son, I like to see what I'm shooting at at!" (We were groundhog hunting at the time)The second was the time when I could not spot my holes at 500 m with a top of the line /svorsky (Sp) spotting scope but could through my first "higher power" Schmidt and Bender PMII 5x25x56! Don't need a spotting scope any more. Sold the green one plus a Konus or Kiowa that did show the holes but was no longer needed...fwiw...

Optics Planet has the Schmidt & Bender 5-25x56 PM II LP w/P4 reticle on sale for $2589 with an additional 5% off using coupon code RKET4. The total with discount is $2459.55. That's a smoking deal.