• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Schmidt & Bender PM2 6-36x56

Nope, doesn’t fit with the newer S&Bs that have that flared ocular.

Sure it does.

b7160e9f-3195-4b54-881a-a63a6d58ad81-03df9682-6c60-441b-be89-2ca86e1ff71a.jpg

I gotta say I like that reticle

Price?
Did they give an estimated arrival date?

Next scope I buy is a long haul so I’m doing what we all do and changing my mind 100 times before I commit. I almost called in (20% down to reserve), price I was quoted from EO is in the low $4K’s (MT turrets, need to ask about Pantone). Scopes are in production now with a completion date in late April, so I’d assume the general public would see them sometime in May/June? Any gun content YT channels/scope reviewers have one of these in hand yet?

Wow, that reticle actually looks really good. First one I have seen from S&B since the XR Gen 2 came out that I would run.

It does look a little thick. It would be nice if it was 20-25% thinner. Most shooting will be done on 20-30x and it would be nice to not cover as much target area up. Maybe a .03 or .04 thickness instead of .05.

The JTAC reticle thickness is almost perfect.

.425 Center dot with .25 line thickness.

When you start spinning turrets for therapy throughout the day, you have arrived 🤣
I had it all figured out. Decided on the power, reticles, and I wasn't being too picky on the turrets or color. Made sure I had enough adjustment for the M82. 34mm tube- good. Scanned the dealers and PX. Yeah, let me read a little more on turrets just to be sure. Then;

*starts playing with different turrets in person*
*does it again*
*wonders if this is becoming an obsession*
*punches self in face*

That thing you saw streaking across the sky last night wasn't a comet, it was my computer that I launched out of the window after my eyes started bleeding.

/threadjack over.

Anyone else experienced significant parallax issues on their 6-36.

I got mine already sent to S&B once. But once back it was still terrible.

I can't get a clear picture - sharp picture past 600m. My reticule moves .2/.3 mil in all directions with small head movements.

Basically I can't shoot it.

Also the reticule seems to be in the forefront. When I adjust parallax looking through the gri2d to focus above it it is blurred . When I focus above it is blurred in through the gri2d.

Overall it is absolutely unusable.

So I've send it back.

Anyone experienced something similar?

I can't get a clear picture - sharp picture past 600m. My reticule moves .2/.3 mil in all directions with small head movements.

Also the reticule seems to be in the forefront. When I adjust parallax looking through the gri2d to focus above it it is blurred . When I focus above it is blurred in through the gri2d.

So I've send it back.

Have you set your diopter based on the instructions from the Hide

Have you set your diopter based on the instructions from the Hide
To be honest I've tried more or less all the diopter settings.

But I'd appreciate if you could direct me toward the instructions your are mentioning. Just in case I've missed something.

To be honest I've tried more or less all the diopter settings.

But I'd appreciate if you could direct me toward the instructions your are mentioning. Just in case I've missed something.
Have you had this issue with other scopes? And is there anything about your eyes that we should know about? Like cataracts or other eye diseases etc.

Here is one diopter adjustment version (attached).

And here is another:

Attachments

• Diopter Adjustment.pdf
    127.2 KB · Views: 41
ZCO has definitely gone up but TT even moreso. Another factor is how long the same design has been out, TT launched circa 2014 IIRC after they acquired Premier Reticles, yes they made slight tweaks to the optical formula but essentially the same designs as Premier had from around 2010??? (Older I get dates become more of a blur.). What TT really improved upon was the turrets, but again, essentially the same since 2014 launch. Needless to say the design has been around for more than a decade, so the price increases feel more pronounced - we are paying much more for a scope that has essentially gone unchanged for years. Love the Gen3 reticle but it took them years to figure that out after inheriting the Premier designed Gen2 XR. ZCO launched circa 2018 so it is newer and feels newer with 4-20 being a really compelling design.

It stops when enough people stop paying the inflated prices for whatever reason. Even though the Schmidt 6-36 is a brand new design I think the USA market wasn't willing to pay the initial prices which forced Schmidt to lower, of course, this is just speculation based on the information at hand, I doubt any mfr would ever confess to market forces

This is essentially what Hensoldt did and priced themselves out of the market. Nobody even talks about Henny anymore.
They left the US market.

I got to play with the Hensoldt for a day a few years ago. It was light years ahead of anything available at the time and was built like a tank. It made my S&B 5-25 look like a toy. How they got that optical clarity in that short a package is beyond me. The turrets and the elevation range were in a class by themselves. If it were CCW and had a real reticle, I would have bought one

Last edited:

So I've send it back.

Not sure if it’s an issue for me but my parallax from 100 to 500 is on but anything farther than that it has to be set to infinity to get a clear parallax free picture.

My diopter is set properly and this is my second S&B, first one had the same “issue”. I do wear corrective lenses when I shoot so that might be a problem not sure.

Not sure if it’s an issue for me but my parallax from 100 to 500 is on but anything farther than that it has to be set to infinity to get a clear parallax free picture.

My diopter is set properly and this is my second S&B, first one had the same “issue”. I do wear corrective lenses when I shoot so that might be a problem not sure.
Even on infinity the picture is not sharp passed 600-700m. For sure not top tier scope sharp....

And when I move my head, the aim point move ( no rifle movement - Phoenix bipod and Lenzi rear bag).

Even on infinity the picture is not sharp passed 600-700m. For sure not top tier scope sharp....

And when I move my head, the aim point move ( no rifle movement - Phoenix bipod and Lenzi rear bag).
Are you in the US? I am guessing not. If you were you could speak to S&B’s excellent Jerry who usually answers the phone (and does a bunch of the work).

Are you in the US? I am guessing not. If you were you could speak to S&B’s excellent Jerry who usually answers the phone (and does a bunch of the work).
Good guess. I'm in Europe ( France).

My scope went back to Germany today.

Will see if they can fix it this time....

Reactions: carbonbased

Just for piece of mind ( maybe) .......... I now have 5 S&B 6-36,s here and all have superb focus at extended range.
We shooting at 2500mtrs the weekend gone by and were commenting on just how the S&B were giving the Swaro and Kowa spotters a run for their money!!

Euro Optic is taking pre orders for the 6-36 with the TR2ID reticle. I just sent a NF down the road to another Hide member so now it’s time to decide SB 6-36 with the TR2ID ret or ZCO. My PMII’s glass (2021 model) is great, I preferred it over the NF 7-35 so much I never mounted the NF after looking through it. It sounds like people have good things to say about the 6-36.
I must admit I doubted you when you first posted this. I talk with some fairly knowledgeable folks over at EO pretty frequently. I have been wanting this scope for quite a while, but just can't stomach the only two reticles available (GR2ID and P5FL). I have asked frequently about any news of new reticle options coming out, with the answer always being no. So after reading your post I asked them again, and they said they hadn't heard anything but I forwarded the data sheet posted here and asked them to check. A few days later (yesterday) they confirmed they can order it (4-5 months delivery) so I put in my TR2ID pre-order!

Reactions: Islas82
I must admit I doubted you when you first posted this. I talk with some fairly knowledgeable folks over at EO pretty frequently. I have been wanting this scope for quite a while, but just can't stomach the only two reticles available (GR2ID and P5FL). I have asked frequently about any news of new reticle options coming out, with the answer always being no. So after reading your post I asked them again, and they said they hadn't heard anything but I forwarded the data sheet posted here and asked them to check. A few days later (yesterday) they confirmed they can order it (4-5 months delivery) so I put in my TR2ID pre-order!
Same price?

Same price?
I don't know. There was a 2024 price increase, which applied to this one because it is new for '24, so it's hard to compare until the new prices for the older reticles are showing up in inventory. I don't think the price for this reticle is any different than the others, though.

This new reticle looks great. For those that have done it, is it best to have a reticle swap done or sell one’s older optic and purchase a new one with the desired reticle. Purchased my 6–36 through EuroOptic with the P5FL reticle, but prefer the TR2ID layout.

Last edited:
I have an 'old' S&B PM II 4-16 that I bought in '99 for my work rifle that was being built. It's now '24, I'm retired and working for an agency that bought 4 NF ACTAR's, a few years ago, for their SWAT rifles. I'm now working on those rifles (was at the range today with them, along with my 'old' sniper rig #1 w/the S&B and my newish #2 with a Razor HD III) and was shocked at the difference between the S&B and the NF. The S&B, for my eyes, has WAY better glass!!!

Here's what's illuminated and not.

Full pdf is available from here: https://schmidtundbender.de/en/
So basically the same dots and 2 mil tree lines, looks identical to GR2ID so I feel pretty confident brightness will be the same as well, which is to say it can be seen during daytime but dots are harder to see than illuminated lines.