• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New scope for .260

SgtDave

Private
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2006
Bedford, Tx.
I just bought the RWS .260 from CAV99 and I'm scope shopping now. I want to shoot out to 1000 yards so I'm looking at the NF NXS 5.5-22 or the Leupold 6.5-20 ERT with M5 turrets. I can get either one on a LE program for about the same price. I like the FFP On the Leupold but I also like the extra 2x on the NF. They both have a good reputation so I would be happy with either one. I can't swing the price on a S&B right now either so what do you guys suggest.

Don't stress the 2x at 1k it's not far enough to be worth it. I shot past that all the time with 20x. That being said I'd go for NF over Leupold any day.

Nightforce any day. I have had three nightforce and one leupold, and love the nightforce, the durability and tracking is the best.

I'm going to have to be the dissenter here..... I have had NF and Mark 4's. I ended up selling my NF and replaced it with another Mark 4, main reason was that I have 20/10 vision and the I could see the flaws in the NF that were not apparent in the Leupolds..... Now, I just picked up a Mark 6 3-18x44 TMR and LOVE it!!! I too got the promotive pricing on the Leupy and it was worth every penny!

Let me add, I was shooting 1185 yard at a B-21 silhouette target and had NO problems at 1185 yards. I actually continued shooting well past dusk by the light of the full-ish moon. The target was not completly visible, but with the black silhouette against the white back drop I was able to quarter the target with some success.

Go NightForce and you will retain much more value of your original investment. Not to mention that I think that NightForce is a much better built scope.

Leupold resale value has been crippled by the flood of fake Leupolds from China. Not many people are willing to sink big bucks into a scope that may or may not be authentic.

Thanks guys. I was leaning toward the NF so I think that is what I will do. I might save a few more bucks and get the ATACR. It's $300 more but the reviews look pretty good so far.