• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New scope for Gas Gun (308)

oubeta

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2003
Edmond, Oklahoma
I have a NF 2.5-10x32 on my LWRC REPR and I think it's the perfect size and magnification for that particular gun. I'm just not pleased with the quality of glass.
I'm looking to upgrade it yet keep it close to the same size as the NF I have on it.

I was thinking about a S&B 3-12, but with all the new scopes on the market or soon to be I just wanting to make sure I'm not missing one. Will the new S&B 3-20 be about the same size as the 3-12?
Do they offer the SB 3-12 with the new locking turrets and MSR reticule?

I'm open to suggestions on your top pick for scopes and mil based reticule choices. I know this has been beat to death, but there are so many new scope options that have come available recently that I'm sure my search data is out of date as well as my knowledge on the latest and greatest.

I'm also interest in looking at USO scopes, but I don't know where to start with them.

Thanks

Re: New scope for Gas Gun (308)

I'm good with 10x out to 600yrds. Can't really see my impacts that good, but I'd like to keep the gun light and don't see the need for much more than a 10x unless I can keep it compact and still have a decent eye box.
Some of the new (March 3-20) scopes out that have a huge power range have really touchy eye boxes.

I've had the 3-12 S&B PM on a tripod next to a USO, nightforce, Mark 4, and PR...wish I had a hensoldt on there too though...but if you are looking for it, you can notice abberation differences in teh glass. at around 250-300 yards I did tend to like the S&B the most. I noticed no chromatic abberation at a B&W target and a red brick background. Lines seemed to be perfect. I know its the costly one, but the S&B did have a noticable difference on a tripod compared to others.

Trevor B.

Thanks Trevor. Your knowledge is way over my head, but I think you said you like the S&B the best
smile.gif

That's what I'm leaning towards. Do they offer the new locking turrets in this model or MSR reticule?

We has some S&B 2-12x50mm without the Parallax in none illuminated and I really wanted to keep on for a 18" AR10.

6126168255_64e7c7f9b9_z.jpg

Another great scope I like for the AR10 are the Premier Light Tactical scopes.

Mike @ CST

Thanks Mike I'll keep that in mind. I emailed you about the Premier LT. I'll take one when you get them in-stock.

I had one of those 3-12X50s without the parallax knob and I wish I'd never given it up. If you're looking to get S&B quality glass and save a few ounces they are awesome scopes. If I remember right mine was 22 ounces, which is about 8 ounces lighter than the parallax adjust/illuminated model. I had it on my 18.5" 5R and shot to 800 with no parallax issues.

I shoot with a USO SN-3 1.8x-10x-37 on my 20in REPR and can easily get to 1000y...my eyes are 20/20 though so you might want to power up to 12x if you want to shoot that far and have trouble seeing impact. The glass on the S&B is unreal...you get what you pay for and it's built like a tank.

Go check out the USO website and you can spec out a SN-3 on the low end for less than 2K and if you wish you can add every bell and whistle under the sun (illum. reticle, parralax adjustment, sunshade, your choice or reticle, mil or moa and numerous retciles,). Truly, it's one of the few US made scopes that will make you a real custom scope. And, it's built like a tank....throw it off a 3 story building and it wont break or loose zero.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oubeta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Mike I'll keep that in mind. I emailed you about the Premier LT. I'll take one when you get them in-stock. </div></div>

Very good. I will be talking to you soon.

Mike @ CST

I just put a 3.2-17 sn3 on my sass

Just bought a 3-12 Hendsoldt form a guy on here.
Think it should be a perfect scope for a gas gun.