• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New scope for the CZ 452 Scout

clayne_b

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2009
Saratoga Springs, Utah
SWFA SS 16x42 Mil-Quad Reticle

Got my new scope in today. it looks SWEET. feels very sturdy. the clicks feel very nice. numbers are on from topped out to bottomed out. I have not got a chance to shoot with it yet. but the glass is very clear.

I will be posting more in this thread about thoughts after shooting with it.

Until then. here are a few pic, the picture threw the scope does not do it justice. all pictures taken with my phone

0621121448.jpg

0621121448a.jpg

0621121449.jpg

0621121449a.jpg

0621121356.jpg

Re: New scope for the CZ 452 Scout

looks great! i just got a 10x42 mounted on my 455 varmint last night. looing forward to a range trip this weekend.

what mounting set-up are you using?

DesertMonkey, Yes I will be.

turret, I will be using a Dip Rail for the cz 452, not sure what rings yet. Ill let you know

I just got back from shooting with it. its SWEET! zeroed at 25 yards. did some test. shoot, dial a mil shoot dial a mil ect. up to 10 mil and each hole lined up perfectly with the mil dots (diamonds) then took it out to 215 yards. 7.8 mil and a 1.5 for wind. its really nice being able to see your miss, measure with crosshairs then dial and hit! over all im very happy with it

I want to get some shorter rings but not sure how low i should go with how close the bolt already is...

0621122245.jpg

0621122244b.jpg

0621122244a.jpg

0621122244.jpg

I'm gonna guess you're using 'high' scope rings. Looks like medium height rings would work. Do some research and try the 'highest' medium rings you can find. I'm not good with math, but seems some measuring of the present bolt clearance and ring height could give you a clue as to which scope rings could provide a closer fit?

Which rings are you presently using and how much clearance do they provide?

Sam

Got to do some more serious shooting, gathering dope for this coming weekends shoot. I tell you what i REALLLLLLY like this scope. its so sweet to shoot a group at a distance you haven't shot at before, measure the difference in elevation with the reticle and add it the turret then right it down.

And as far as it being 16x i could see my holes in paper at 200 yards. and shooting off hand at 25 yards wasn't to bad.

oh and the glass.... imo i think its great for the money. more then what you pay for!

Shot in my first match with this scope. I am more than pleased with it. I got 1st place!!!!!!

I've been eyeing this scope way back when the HD version was available too. What the hell ever happened to that version? Please give me as much pros/cons as you can, I'm thinking of mounting this on a .22 as well.

Con, fixed power.
Pro, it is what it is, and the mil dots are always correct. to get a FFP you would be spending much more

Con, Focus is on the rear of the scope
Pro, It being on the rear works well with both left and right handed shooters.

Pro, MIL MIL. I came from shooting Mildot with moa turret. mil mil is so damn much better IMO

Pro, Glass is nice and clear for the money
Con, Compared to my friends Vortex 6-24 pst (much more money) the low light sucks, it was 9:30 at night though.

Pros about 16x on a .22lr I can see my bullet holes at 200 yards on paper. and shooting 25-400 yards i can do with a 0 moa base.
Cons about 16x on a .22lr. Shooting game that moves its a bitch to find them at closer ranges.

So depending on the ranges your shooting... If i were to keep it 25-200 yards i would probably go with the 12x but i do not regret getting the 16x at all. its push pull on some features/ issues. but over all i would suggest this scope. I plan on getting another one. I will probably go for the 10x for my Ruger SR-22.

Hope my rambling on helps ya. ha ha

Thanks Clayne,

Fixed power isn't an issue for me. I'd like to shave off as much weight as possible.

What's the close focus range, 10y?