• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New scope idea's? 6.5 creedmoor

2c1fr

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2017
Hello, everyone

I just recently purchased a savage model 10 FCP -SR in 6.5 creedmoor. Now with that being said I need a scope, I shoot 100-300 yards and the budget is pretty tight. I am trying to shoot this for accuracy and fun so no hunting or competition. I am looking at the diamond back 4x12x40 by vortex with the simple cross hair reticle. I think this will work well but does anybody have any other suggestions let's keep it $400 or under

thanks guys

Athlon seems to be making a big splash right now in the sub $400 range. I keep hearing that they are worth the money... if you can find one. I've used a 4200 bushnell tac elite that I got for $180 five years ago and it works for the distance right now. I haven't looked through that particular vortex but most of their scopes you can go wrong with for the cost either IMO

Look at the Athlon Argos BTR, I have the 6x24 on my RPR in 6.5CM which is my entry into PRS shooting.

No problem. Just my .02. I didn't have have much money back then or now for that matter

Look at the Athlon Argos BTR, I have the 6x24 on my RPR in 6.5CM which is my entry into PRS shooting.

+1
Going to be my setup if I get into production class matches. Going to be using a Razor AMG otherwise... whenever it gets here

Look at the Athlon Argos 8-34x56 FFP scope. They are a new company but I have been very impressed with their quality. And they have the same kind of warranty as Vortex. I paid $389 for mine on Amazon.....

I am not hear to bash athlon but my 6-25 FFP was sent back because I couldn't remove the parallax using the knob. I mentioned my issue to a athlon dealer and he admitted it had happened to 3 other on the same model. My scope is back in KS right now so I cant comment on how well the scope works after service. As far as the rest of the scope I think it is fair to say it is very nice3 for the cost. Bright, clear, seems to track ok, knobs are soft, no zero stop, and reticle is not too thin as to get lost on a black nra target.

Note that at this cheap of a price range, nothing is perfect so you have to consider the warranty also incase you get an optic that was finished at punch out time on Friday.

I have always recommended the fixed SWFA for the budget build, but I am hoping to get an Athlon this year and see if I can start recommending those instead. Not everyone is into fixed 10x, 12x, or 16x. Their warranty means a simple tracking issue shouldn't be too big of a headache to get taken care of.

Update well I went with the Athlon Argos 6x24x50 btr so we shall see what I can do with it