• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Scope Purchase Bushnell Oultel Experience

JIF

Private
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2013
Land of Oz
Hello again my friends, I have been putting together a rifle for my son and I to start precision shooting. Not to bore you again with my oppurtunity to do something besides racing.

I live within a vew miles of the Bushnell Factory Outlet located in Lenexa, KS. A pretty damn cool store with alot more than Bushnell....I also met a salesperson "Walt" who is fairly knowledgeabe and extremely helpful. This a pretty cool store that I haven't ever visited just because of the "outlet" label.

So I was looking at the HDMR and G2DMR scopes with the 34mm tubes and HORUS (I may be way off on this reticle name....newb here). I was able to prop these scopes up on a tripod and look at images that had already been ranged. I have just started researching/understanding this reticle.

Bottom Line: I am joining the Kansas State Rifle Association and getting a hell of a price on this scope. 6-24X50. For my eyes this scope was a super value and fit the gun i was putting together.

I don't know the policies of this board regarding price quotes but pm me and I can give you an idea of the discounts when you are a 20 buck member of the ksra.

Peace my friends,
Jeff

Last edited:
For the money and this rifle I ended up with the Elite Tactical 6-24X50mm (ET6245FG). I like the G2 reticle (the HORUS is a consideration for my next rifle/build but I would not pay the premium at this point).

If this is against Board rules/policy then please strike this part of the post. $704 plus/tax. I liked the DMR and HDMR but the DMR was going to be $300+ more and they indicated they wouldn't or couldn't deal on the HDMR which was over 2 large. I have been evaluating the glass since getting it home and I think it is really good for this particular rifle and application. Will I buy a higher end Bushnell in the future.....probably. Will I buy higher end glass for my planned builds? Absolutely, as a person that has worn contact lenses for 40 years, and has recently had double lense replacement I truely appreciate vision/optics especially since I am seeing a little better than 20/20:cool:

I have the 6-24x50 with mildot reticle on a Savage 10FP in .308. Great scope and my only regret is that I haven't traded it in to upgrade to the G2DMR reticle on that particular model. I also have the ERS 3.5-21x50 with G2DMR designated for my current project rifle. Even better scope and if I do upgrade the former, it will likely be to one of these, or the HDMR, at a minimum. That's a good price and I don't think you'll regret buying it. All the high end Bushnells that I own or have handled have been excellent scopes for the money.

I have a friend that works there and he makes sure I am 100%in satisfied with all my optic purchases. They have a great group of employees there.

The HDMR (DMR with a Horus reticle) list price is $1600.
Maybe your were talking about the XRS? List on that is over $2k.

The ET6245FG is a great scope. Good glass, good tracking, great reticle.

Joe

Last edited:
I have the G2DMR on the 6-24x50 FFP Elite. Love it, but on my second and the first, a great deal off amazon, was like $823 shipped. It had a problem with shifting POI. So I would beware of any refurbed or suspect and go 'new'. But on the other side, Bushnell had great support, no BS on the return back thru Amazon. The second fixed the problem. The scope is very, very clear and neutral as I've compared it to the others in that and slightly higher price ranges.

The HDMR (DMR with a Horus reticle) list price is $1600.
Maybe your were talking about the XRS? List on that is over $2k.

The ET6245FG is a great scope. Good glass, good tracking, great reticle.

Joe

The HDMR was 2100.00+ The DMR w/G2 is was a little over 1600.00

The HDMR was 2100.00+ The DMR w/G2 is was a little over 1600.00

That's insane.
The XRS sells for $2050 on the street.
The HDMR sells for $1600 on the street.

That's some outlet.

I have 2 ET6245s and have/have had an XRS, two DMRs, and an HDMR, and the glass in the 50mm ET6245 is every bit as good as its 34mm brethren.

Joe

Last edited:
Recently bought a Bushnell ERS 3.5 - 21 X 50 mm tactical scope W/ H59 reticle and ZeroLok turrets.

I love this scope, even if it did set me back almost $1,800. Great quality.
A bit hefty at 37.5 oz but, hey, it's a 34 mm body with a lot of glass inside and those big turrets. Built like a tank.

That's insane.
The XRS sells for $2050 on the street.
The HDMR sells for $1600 on the street.

That's some outlet.

I have 2 ET6245s and have/have had an XRS, two DMRs, and an HDMR, and the glass in the 50mm ET6245 is every bit as good as its 34mm brethren.

Joe

Can you provide a link? I was a little amused by their pricing on this reticle considering I could get the same scope with the G2 reticle for around a grand.

Can you provide a link? I was a little amused by their pricing on this reticle considering I could get the same scope with the G2 reticle for around a grand.

Most retailers list MAP price on their websites due to agreements with the manufacturers..
You have to call or in some cases just add the optic to the shopping cart to see the street price.
No one would consider Bushnell ET products if they actually cost MAP; that's alpha scope territory.
I've seen the DMR w/G2DMR as low as $1150 shipped form a Hide partner.

Joe

Most retailers list MAP price on their websites due to agreements with the manufacturers..
You have to call or in some cases just add the optic to the shopping cart to see the street price.
No one would consider Bushnell ET products if they actually cost MAP; that's alpha scope territory.
I've seen the DMR w/G2DMR as low as $1150 shipped form a Hide partner.

Joe

Thanks for the response/info.
At the outlet that scope goes for just over $1000......then you have to add almost 8% sales tax.