• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes New scope

saleen

Private
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2007
Sugar Land, TX
I have a Leupold MK4 3.5-10 on one rifle, and a NF 5.5-22 on another. I'm looking to put glass on a third rifle and just can't spring for the NF so I was leaning towards another Leupold when the new SS HD came out.

I'm leaning towards the SWFA now, but the whole "NEW" vs. "Tried and True" has me hesitating. I know that it will take time to get an SWFA in-hand, and I don't mind waiting really. This rifle will ultimately go to my daughter, and I want to get the most "bang for my buck" so to speak. In all likelihood, the rifle will see 800m tops (magazine fed 5.56).

Opinions?

Saleen

Re: New scope

Over the last two years SWFA has released:

SS 3-9x42mm
SS 10x42HD
SS 1-4x24mm
and now we have the SS 5-20x50mm

There have been no reported problems, recalls, or major glitches, with any of these releases. I'm not saying none of them ever broke or were returned, but it appears that these incidences have been very few.

SH members have never been shy about reporting problems with their scopes, or failures, or noting a lack of quick response from a maker when something does go burp. There just has not been very many complaints about any of SWFA's new releases. And that is an outstanding track record.

Bob

If the production model is the same as the reviews it should be more than enough. 800yds out of a magzine fed 5.56 is a bit of a stretch though,the magazine is going to keep you from getting a heavier bullet in there.

look up the sightron SIII 6-24, I have one on my 6MM AR and works great to 1000yds (the scope and the cal) Price is not prohibitive, the glass is as good as NF (to me) and it tracks great too.
hope this helps.

Shooting a 77g SMK at 2700 or better should put it just past 800 before going subsonic, which is all I was going for on a maximum range she will probably see with this platform. I understand that there's a difference between theory and reality, but that's the optimistic top-end.

I think I'll go with the SWFA. It seems like more of a scope than the Leupold is for about the same money so I'll take the plunge.

Thanks for the help.

Saleen