• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes New Scopes in Hand, 5-20XSS/Steiner

Re: New Scopes in Hand, 5-20XSS/Steiner

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will this scope get me to 1k yards...</div></div>

Depends what kind of shape you are in, some people can only make it to the refrigerator before having to stop for a break.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The SS Is from Japan, as marked on the bottom.
</div></div>

I try and purchase "as much as I can" made in the USA.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Respectfully,
Sv</span>

Well a good way to look at it, it is designed and sold by a US company who employes US citizens who in turn live in and spend their money in the US.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rancid Coolaid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to Jon, no tunneling at any power.

Some people don't care.

I hate tunneling. </div></div>
Thanks for mentioning that--I forgot to put it in the initial comments.

There's not a hint of tunneling at all. The FOV at 5X is 20ft @ 100 yds which is as big or even bigger than some scopes advertised at 4X and 4.5X on the low end.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: &#8207;Steelvenom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The SS Is from Japan, as marked on the bottom.
</div></div>

I try and purchase "as much as I can" made in the USA.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Respectfully,
Sv</span> </div></div>

Then, without question, Countersniper is the scope for you.

SWFA is in Texas, this scope may be manufactured in Japan, but is made for a Texas company. If it's gotta be made in the USA, buy Leupold, they are all 100%...O, wait, never mind.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will this scope get me to 1k yards...</div></div>

Depends what kind of shape you are in, some people can only make it to the refrigerator before having to stop for a break. </div></div>

Are these the same people who need 0 stops and 28 mils of adjustment for their 100 yard range?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will this scope get me to 1k yards...</div></div>

Depends what kind of shape you are in, some people can only make it to the refrigerator before having to stop for a break. </div></div>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..............
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Some might need to get a treadmill
laugh.gif

But to answer the question of elevation adjustment range this is a quote from JonA "About 33.5 Mils (115 MOA or so)." Unless your talking about the Steiner scope

FYI, i spoke to Burris/Steiner today and the scope I have in hand is definitely more geared towards the European market, they have a US version that will be going into production soon, as well it will address the most common features requested by US shooters, but to start the ball rolling this is the European model, and not a finalized version, like the SWFA SS a pre-release.

Haha, Frank's had some real zingers in this thread already...
smile.gif

Regarding the ZS on the SS 5-20. Can't you just make shims with thing metal washers like others have done on other models, a la the basic ZS the PST line has? Either way, sounds like both with and without a ZS will be an option SWFA's planned for, so no biggie in my book.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let's face it, the average user will be pushing it if they even use the 10 mils of the first rev, maybe 30% might need it to 11.5 mils, so the idea of most getting lost is stretching it a bit. Less than 1% will ever need 20 mils or more. </div></div>

I very respectfully disagree (I mean nothing more than to point out my perception of this scope in the marketplace) most of the people that I know only buy this scope due to its adjustment range 2nd would be repeatability.

Adjustment range before repeatability? Really? What good is 30+ mils if it isn't reproducible.

In my most humble of opinions, a quality optic isn't a quality optic if it is not repeatable; that one factor is among the most basic of defining characteristics for a decent scope.

Maybe your "most of the people I know", aren't Frank's "average user."

Both look really promising. Excited to see what you think. Any idea on price on the Steiner?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 338LAPUASLAPU</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let's face it, the average user will be pushing it if they even use the 10 mils of the first rev, maybe 30% might need it to 11.5 mils, so the idea of most getting lost is stretching it a bit. Less than 1% will ever need 20 mils or more. </div></div>

I very respectfully disagree (I mean nothing more than to point out my perception of this scope in the marketplace) most of the people that I know only buy this scope due to its adjustment range 2nd would be repeatability. </div></div>

I dont know where your market is. But I nor any other serious shooter I know are in it.

Think first, then make statement. This will assist in alleviating any further mishaps such as this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 338LAPUASLAPU</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let's face it, the average user will be pushing it if they even use the 10 mils of the first rev, maybe 30% might need it to 11.5 mils, so the idea of most getting lost is stretching it a bit. Less than 1% will ever need 20 mils or more. </div></div>

I very respectfully disagree (I mean nothing more than to point out my perception of this scope in the marketplace) most of the people that I know only buy this scope due to its adjustment range 2nd would be repeatability. </div></div>

WTF????

Franks I guess you haven't had the chance to get a nice video review done huh ? Thanks for your time.

Regards Aron-

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont do reviews in a day... I'm not some people who shoot it once and call it good. </div></div>

*cough* You gonna blow it up
smile.gif
*cough*

I miss the tannerite already...Not really sure what it proved, but it did make for an interesting video!
Really looking forward to your video review LL, hurry every chance you get...