• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

**New shooting/spotting tripod design, looking for input**

Captain Kirk

Roberts Tactical Precison
Banned !
I have been working with a local manufacturer on a design for a custom tripod. Their current tripod designs are geared for road survey equipment and high end photography, these things are solid and designed to support some serious weight. I have narrowed it down to a few designs, but I am looking for input for heads and rifle cradles. The tripod in the pics below uses fiberglass legs with injection molded plastic for the attachment points, top head is aluminum, height adjustment latches are quick throw levers. Legs will be made of fiberglass as well as a carbon fiber model, this model has a adjustment range of 32" 54". The feet options are currently rubber bottom, and spikes for softer terrain, other foot designs will be discussed. I will get some info on weight of the carbon fiber models vs fiberglass as well as estimated pricing and update the thread as things progress.

This is a opportunity to have a tripod made exclusively for shooting with input from Snipers Hide on the final design, if there is interest.

P8020949_zps843c06b4.jpg

P8020948_zps663e6d6b.jpg

P8020952_zpsc2fb5356.jpg

P8020951_zpsf540cad9.jpg

Last edited:
It would be a nice asset if you could make an extra leg, that lays on the third leg of the tripod and can be folded back towards you, which could then support the back end of the rifle stock, know what i mean?
Kind of like in this picture, only i use a loose extra monopod, which works like a charm but is an extra item to carry, would be nice if it was connected/ attached/ part of the tripod.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 8
It would be a nice asset if you could make an extra leg, that lays on the third leg of the tripod and can be folded back towards you, which could then support the back end of the rifle stock, know what i mean?
Kind of like in this picture, only i use a loose extra monopod, which works like a charm but is an extra item to carry, would be nice if it was connected/ attached/ part of the tripod.

That is a great idea, rear support is always a issue running a tripod. Great input!

That's a Beast, But I think Twin 60s are a bit Much for WhiteTail

I use to have one Like that for Video work But mine was a bit bigger But that's a great Leg system because it don't flex much.

john

That is nice. I dig it a lot. I have a Caldwell Deadshot and this looks much nicer. Great design.