• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos new shotgun i'm hoping to restore

unluckyjohn

Private
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2011
Houston Texas
not the best pictures but i'm hoping to restore this shotgun. There is some pitting in the barrel. i think i can save this thing got it for 80 dollars.

Re: new shotgun i'm hoping to restore

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thedudeabides</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice artifact! who makes it and what year? </div></div>

Looks like a browning Auto 5.

I borrowed one to go deer hunting in a shotgun zone once. The gun was reliable when I test fired it, but stuff was flying out of the action. I took a look and realized there was moss growing in the action.

The A5 is a pretty damn reliable gun considering.. haha

its a Remington model 11 pretty much a copy of the browning but there are some small things different.

it was made some time between 1905 thru 1948 i haven't looked up the number yet.

the gun should look just like this one http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=266504677
except there is no choke.

i don't know if yall can see but in the picture my gun has a little duck caved in it like the gun on gun broker.

the man i bought if from said it still shot even though he thought it was a single shot, but i'm not testing it till i go over everything.

Remember my old cadet captain talking about how he dragged one through vietnam for a year or so with the Kiwis. Said something along the lines of it being more reliable than having two AK's and the only time it failed to fire was when he'd stuffed the round count up and thought there was one in there.

i had a chance to bid on a browning trench gun at a local auction. looked like an A5 but had a longer mag tube. must have been 6-8 shot. looked really cool, all wood tactical A5

i found out the shotgun was made in November 1938

i think i'm going to take off what little bluing is left and nickle plate the receiver, barrel and gold plate the screws.

not sure what to do with the trigger safety and the bolt release button any suggestions?