• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater New Show - Military Channel: "Triggers"

Swampkat

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2006
Louisiana
Seems that the miliary channel's website is down at the moment, so I will post the info:

[via press release from Military Channel]
Wil Willis Gives Viewers Military History and High-Speed Action in Military Channel's Explosive New Series, "Triggers: Weapons That Changed the World"

-- Six-Part Series Premieres Wednesday, November 30 from 10-11 PM (e/p) -

SILVER SPRING, Md., Oct. 27, 2011 -- Former Army Ranger and Air Force Pararescueman Wil Willis hosts Military Channel's newest look inside the history of modern warfare in TRIGGERS: WEAPONS THAT CHANGED THE WORLD. Combining history, science, technology and revealing demonstrations, this cutting-edge series examines the evolution of firearms and how the development of each one changed the face of combat forever. With access to the top firearms collections in the world, Willis takes viewers on an all-inclusive look into each weapon as he thoroughly examines, tests, critiques and fires each one. From the early days of gun duals to the high-tech weapons on the modern battlefield, this six-part series leaves no man-made trigger unfired. TRIGGERS: WEAPONS THAT CHANGED THE WORLD premieres Wednesday, November 30 from 10-11 PM (e/p) on Military Channel.

"As an expert on weaponry, coupled with his inside knowledge of the military, Wil Willis brings unique insight into how the development of each of these weapons has changed history forever," said Ed Hersh, SVP of content strategy for Military Channel. "TRIGGERS allows our viewers to get up close and personal with powerful and historical weapons they might not have the opportunity to otherwise explore."

In each episode of TRIGGERS, Willis is joined by historical and technical experts to test a series of iconic firearms and examine what made each one unique from competitors in its class. Gun-mounted cameras and high-speed photography capture every moment of the bullet's trajectory, featuring its explosive escape from the barrel to the powerful force the impact makes on its target. Each weapon has an antecedent that sparked its development, as well as a successor that improved upon its technology�or was developed in response to its supremacy. Each was developed for one reason: to gain a competitive edge over the enemy, and the winner was the biggest, best or fastest weapon.

In the premiere episode, Willis examines handguns and focuses on the most influential gun of the 20th Century: the COLT M1911 - the .45 caliber semi-automatic sidearm that was the standard issue for the military for nearly 75 years. In a series of revealing demonstrations, Willis examines why this weapon has gained a worldwide reputation as the ultimate stopper. Subsequent episodes of TRIGGERS explore battle rifles from the musket to the modern day sniper rifle, submachine guns, artillery, and even the AK-47, a Cold War creation also known as the single most deadly firearm in history. The series also looks at the Rocket Propelled Grenades (RPGs), known as the AK-47 of rockets. This episode traces hand-fired rockets from their origin centuries ago as ancient Chinese projectiles to the new kid on the block, the Swedish-made AT-4.

WIL WILLIS BIO

Previously host of Military Channel's hit series SPECIAL OPS MISSION, Wil Willis is a man whose vast array of military training and knowledge has earned him unparalleled tactical skill sets. Willis joined the Army 1993, and after completing basic training AIT and Basic Airborne School, he completed the Ranger Indoctrination Program (R.I.P.) and was assigned to a Co. 3d Battalion 75th Ranger Regt. Willis carried that post until June, 1998 when he cross-trained to the Air Force. After completing the Air Force Pararescue Pipeline, he was stationed at the 56th Rescue Squadron in Keflavik, Iceland as part of a ten-man Pararescue Team. In 2001, Willis received the Sirkorsky Rescue Award for actions leading to the squadrons 299th Rescue. In 2002, Willis was stationed at Kirtland, NM as an Instructor of Weapons, Tactics, and Air Operations. In August, 2007, he enlisted in the Air Force Reserves and was a Pararescueman with the 308th Rescue Squadron until August, 2008. Willis currently resides in California and teaches Tactical Combat Casualty Care to deploying military units.

TRIGGERS: WEAPONS THAT CHANGED THE WORLD is produced by MorningStar Entertainment for Military Channel. For MorningStar, Gary Tarpinian and Paninee Theeranuntawat are executive producers, and Gary Benthin is series producer. For Military Channel, Ron Simon is executive producer, Sara Kozak is senior vice president production, Ed Hersh is senior vice president content strategy and Henry Schleiff is president and general manager.

About Military Channel:

The Military Channel brings viewers compelling, real-world stories of heroism, military strategy, and significant turning points in history. The network takes viewers "behind the lines" to hear the personal stories of servicemen and women and offers in-depth explorations of military training, aviation technology and cutting-edge weaponry. As the only cable network devoted to military subjects, it also provides unique access to this world, allowing viewers to experience and understand the full spectrum of human drama, courage, and patriotism intrinsic to the armed forces, as well as, the long-held traditions of the military. For more information, please visit military.discovery.com.

Read more: Breaking News - Wil Willis Gives Viewers Military History and High-Speed Action in Military Channel's Explosive New Series, "Triggers: Weapons That Changed the World" | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2011/.../#ixzz1eUebflT7

Re: New Show - Military Channel: "Triggers"

its ok we will see how it turns out, if its another "Mac" show ill pass

I had high hopes...I'll give it one more episode to make sure, but it's not ticklin my pickle so far.
I just don't like the tests comparing two firearms when different people shoot them (but don't cross over and run the test again) Maybe one guy just sucks at shooting haha

I agree, specially when I saw the guy shooting the Luger with one hand, like if it was a Bulleye comp....

Seems to me that they are trying to mix Top Shot with Military Weapons.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ssgp2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Seems to me that they are trying to mix Top Shot with Military Weapons.</div></div>
Exactly! I was trying to figure out how to compare it but couldn't think of the right words.

I just watched the second episode. I can't place my finger on exactly what it is about the show, but its just not for me. Just a guy shooting a bunch of different guns. Even if I try and imagine not knowing anything about firearms, you don't learn anything at all, it's basically "this is a gun, I'm going to shoot that target. Cool."

But, to each his own. I'm sure there's a lot of shows I watch that people hate haha

If I have to hear that enemy waits for the garand "ping" bullshit one more time I may shoot my TV. And the "greatest battle implement ever devised" is a bit tired as well. Add to the list "gun that won WW2" and you have summed it up, ie no need to ever watch any of this shit again. Top 10 this and the greatest that, paint that pink and make the shit blow up. The Russians won at Stalingrad because Jude Law killed Ed Harris and Tom Hanks saved Matt Damon (my sister, a graduate student at the time, after seeing SPR asked me "was the war over after that?")

Ah yes, the infamous ping. I agree with you 66and0, its getting old.
Was it the show 'Tactical arms' that actually tested it? One of them. They had a guy sit downrange of the garand while it was shooting, and even from a ridiculously close range the person downrange couldn't hear the ping. And that was without the other chaos and noise of a firefight happening around him!

Yeah, what like fifteen yards away the guy couldn't hear it? So the GI's started throwing empty ones to the ground to fool them according to "expert", never mind that the "ping" is a result of the ejection, not the clip hitting the ground.

Wonder who pushes to get these shows made ? Watching the M1 episode, I thought this seemed just like the show R Lee Ermey had two years ago tracing the history of weapons developments, specifically the history of the rifle. I dozed off then woke to see them shooting modern 'sniper rifles' and thought what the hell does this have to do with the history of the Garand?

This show needs re-vamped as it was supposed to be about the Garand, yet basically tried to explain the rifle concept itself. After this, they've wasted the storyline if they ever tried to show any other great rifle in history.

Just watched the most recent episode. FAIL. They posted a picture of an FAL when presenting the M14. REALLY?

Watched for the first time last night, AK-47 episode. Relatively factual, nothing new, good historical narrative, but the action sequences looked contrived and comparatively pointless. Kinda hokey-carney stuff, like many of the <span style="font-style: italic">Top Shot</span> challenges.

I think they are finding that an hour slot is hard to fill while remaining anything more than shallow babble.

As these shows go, it's above average and pretty well produced, but it's never going to pull me away from something I already enjoy.

As a time filler, when the rest of the wasteland is, well, wasteland; it'll do. <span style="font-style: italic">Into the Wormhole</span> it ain't...

I guess this is what we get when the economy's in the toilet and somebody has to fill dead airspace.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lennyo3034</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just watched the most recent episode. FAIL. They posted a picture of an FAL when presenting the M14. REALLY?</div></div>

I had it on DVR. I erased it when I saw the FAL mistake. They also said a stamped AK weighs 11 pounds and has a similar velocity to the M4. Weak.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lennyo3034</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just watched the most recent episode. FAIL. They posted a picture of an FAL when presenting the M14. REALLY? </div></div>

Yeah, I saw that too.

Idiotic mistake.

Some episodes are mildly interesting, but no more than once. All of the explosions are either fake or cleverly edited stock footage. On the RPG episode you can clearly see fire originating from underneath objects or from inside the little hut up on scaffolding. And no projectile.

I just watched the Garand episode.... You'd think that with the magic of television editing he might be able to hit the broad side of a barn! The tac-50 shot at the 1/4" tubing hit at the bottom edge of the first tube and bounced straight up, then continued to tumble through the following pieces. Far from an accurate assessment of penetration. Of course this was after he completely missed the first shot. This was all at what looked like a whopping 75 yards! The second shot was a hit because he adjusted the magnification and parallax before the shot......... :p

The grand finale proved that he was just as bad with iron sights. Then, he magically hit a moving target at a couple of hundred yards on the first shot with an AI setup that he couldn't hit a still target on the first couple of shots. I won't be watching a second installment.