• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Sierra Matchking 308/169gr

Belt fed

A wealth of useless information
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2020
Las Vegas
Not sure if anyone has noticed, Sierra has an update of their 168 MK that has been added to the line, not replacing the 168. The new bullet has a higher .527 G1 BC, and it's the 169gr HPBT MatchKing. I just learned about it yesterday, went on the website to take a look and bingo, they're available to order direct from Sierra. So I'm giving them a try in my 308.
Just FYI if anyone is interested in the new bullet, or is in need of 308 bullets - they're available.

About time to update the profile on that bullet.

Yes indeed, thanks for this info! Looking to settle on a bullet for my AR10 308 battle rifle and an M1 Garand. Both open sights.

I've ordered 500 and hope they can get them shipped out soon.

It'll be awhile before we begin to see some reviews on this new SMK

I also ordered 100 for development in my Mk11, looking forward to getting them in. Real curious as to how much better (or not) they manage wind at 700m+ vs the 175s.

I'm going to order a 100 and do a load workup. If they shoot well I may go ahead and order 1500 or so. These really could be the 1 to rule them all for 308 and my purposes. If they work....

I did notice that the 168 TMK. the tipped matchkings, actually have a higher BC still. I'm tempted to get a few hundred of each and see which works better in my rig.