• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns New Sig Sauer 1911 Nitron Rail w/ VZ Grips

jimster716

Private
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2011
Picked her up this past Monday after our lame CA 10 day wait, disassembled and cleaned/lubed. The next night, I shot 200 rounds of CCI Brass 230gr FMJ, absolutely no FTF's or FTE's. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Sig 1911 and I love the Sig design with squared off top and signature Sig beltline on the slide.

Comes with nice rosewood grips.
050712.jpg

Then added VZ Grips Operator II Slimlines in Dirty Olive for a bit more bite on my grip. It's definitely grippy.
0510121.jpg

Re: New Sig Sauer 1911 Nitron Rail w/ VZ Grips

Very nice, I had a 1911 scorpion for a short time, great gun just didnt fit me that well.

Tell that P229 to show her the ropes.
laugh.gif

I have a very similar model, though mine is rather old. It is a Sig "Revolution" model with the manhole cover on the side of the slide.

My trigger is skelotonized, and I have the speedbump grip safety, not the button-type like yours (which I prefer).

Mine has been great, and it sure looks nice in it's Nitron finish. By the way, the Nitron is pretty darn durable!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell that P229 to show her the ropes.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Hahaha. The 1911 might have a bigger boom, but my 16yr old P229 still runs the show.
wink.gif

Sig makes a great 1911. I like the grips. Both of mine have been 100% since day one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Simmy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sig makes a great 1911. I like the grips. Both of mine have been 100% since day one. </div></div>

Mine is also proving to be 100%. So far, 300 rounds of CCI Blazer Brass 230gr FMJ with no issues whatsoever. I'm completely happy with my purchase of the Sig 1911...I think it's an extraordinary value for what you get, tight fit and finish second to none, night sights, crisp and consistent trigger, minimal MIM parts, reliability, and all for under $1K. I would expect these guns to be priced nearer to competitors in the $1200-1400 range.

I wish I could go back and get either the Nitron or TacOps. I bought the Scorpion and am very unhappy with the finish. The thing runs great, very smooth and accurate. The cerakote is just so thin, it flakes off straight to the metal. I've had better luck with Krylon.
Anyways back to the point, that is a really nice looking piece and I know you'll be happy.

I want the extreme!!! I saw one and fell in love! was only 898 at my LEO/MIL store