• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Sig Sauer Phoenix 200 Rifle

JER6.5

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2020
Saw this release from a local Sig dealer today.
Should be able to retrofit on all TR200.
Looks promising.
Chassis only: 2200USD
Rifle with chassis: 4700USD
Prices converted from Scandinavian currency, not sure what US prices would land on..

BEF6E661-BED1-4915-9070-C5641606ED8F.jpeg
FEA33045-3109-4570-8D38-C2F88F2D2690.jpeg

Looks pretty cool, I like the barrel change feature and the optional .22lr conversion kit.

Reactions: JER6.5
Looks pretty cool, I like the barrel change feature and the optional .22lr conversion kit.

The .22LR kit is definitely neat, often used with the Sauer 200STR rifle that this is built upon.

Barrel change on these rifles are very easy, three bolts and the barrel slips out, and being able to do so without removing the foreend is convenient.

Excited to see some actual pictures of this, supposedly it is part of Sig Sauers new lineup that is to be displayed at the «IWA» fair in March.

Reactions: Harman117
Looks nice. Looking forward to seeing more. Like the quick barrel change feature.
Only question why 6XC and not 6mm Creedmoor?

Its nice to see that the LRD guys has licensed out their chassis directly to Sauer. That is what I guess is what has happened.
Sauer has done the same thing before with GRS (Bolthorn). I think the chassis is quite nice, and I have handled it. If i still had my Sauer STR I might have been compelled to buy one.

Reactions: Harman117
Having owned several SSG3000 rifles, and a Sauer 200STR with the 22lr conversion along with a few TRG’s, & 4 AI rifles I can say that I am absolutely interested in this rifle with this chassis. The only draw back is they are limited to a 5 round single stack magazine. There is excellent barrel support with Benchmark and they offer magazine extenders. The action, trigger, and safety in the SSG / STR rifles is one of the best you can get. Sig tried this many years ago but it fell through, I sure hope to see it coming to market this time.

Reactions: 308pirate
Having owned several SSG3000 rifles, and a Sauer 200STR with the 22lr conversion along with a few TRG’s, & 4 AI rifles I can say that I am absolutely interested in this rifle with this chassis. The only draw back is they are limited to a 5 round single stack magazine. There is excellent barrel support with Benchmark and they offer magazine extenders. The action, trigger, and safety in the SSG / STR rifles is one of the best you can get. Sig tried this many years ago but it fell through, I sure hope to see it coming to market this time.

If it uses SSG mags, accurate mag is still making their 10 rounders

Reactions: jbell
My question is whether they ever make it to the US. Will simply rebranding the rifle somehow get around the export restrictions that killed the SSG? If so, why did it take them so long!

Kire44...that's great news. Any more info regarding if and when they might be coming to the US? hopefully that will open a line for access to parts etc.

Kire44...that's great news. Any more info regarding if and when they might be coming to the US? hopefully that will open a line for access to parts etc.
Sorry, don't know. Just got mine (called JET-01 if you buy the chassi standalone) here in Sweden. Work has kept me from getting to the range though.

First impressions are super solid. Very innovative solution for the thumb rest that one doesn't really see in the pictures. I also put a beefier MDT-grip on mine and will be putting on the recently released arca rail this weekend.

I would search for "JET 01 chassi" on Youtube for more info on the chassi and check out any info coming out of the IWA show next week in Germany.

i really hope some of these make it over here. thanks for sharing the photos and information

Reactions: JER6.5
Receiver out of Aluminium?
Looks like a competitor to Sako S20

Yes, aluminium receiver and the bolt is supposedly longer than on a 200STR/SSG3000 and a 1200g non adjustable trigger.

The stock fits 200STR/SSG3000.

I must say, Sig Sauer/Sauer really is onto something with these new releases. The 200STR and Sauer 202/404 are phenomenal rifles with very good accuracy, but have not been available for this segment before.

I can imagine these becoming really popular.

And yes, probably a competitor to the new Sako S20, though it kind of reminds me of a few Sauer models..

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaeger432
Saw this release from a local Sig dealer today.
Should be able to retrofit on all TR200.
Looks promising.
Chassis only: 2200USD
Rifle with chassis: 4700USD
Prices converted from Scandinavian currency, not sure what US prices would land on..

View attachment 7257428View attachment 7257429
More info here:

Seems like it won't make it to the U.S....

Reactions: Jaeger432
Sig-Sauer messed up with that export license thing. You guys missed out on something really good.

But we don't get the Cross so... who knows who's missing out.

Sig-Sauer messed up with that export license thing. You guys missed out on something really good.

But we don't get the Cross so... who knows who's missing out.

Hi,

And why don't you get the Cross?
Even at the current moment where USML Sec 121 Category 1 is still controlled by DDTC you can get export license for pretty much anything....fast forward till when the Cross is going to be shipping and Category 1 will more than likely have been officially moved from DDTC to Dept of Commerce with no export license required.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: Average guy
@THEIS
You probably wont believe me, but the authorities here consider a rifle with a folding stock and a free pistol grip: Not suitable for hunting.

So it's not about getting it here. It's about being able to lawfully own it.

A 338LM rifle with night optics and x40 scope? No problem.
A Tikka TAC A1? In your dreams...

The 200STR and Sauer 202/404 are phenomenal rifles with very good accuracy, but have not been available for this segment before.

Yes, I am very pleased about sauer is bringing out the Long range/ PRS style Chassi rifles
I have got a Sauer 200 (not str) and its capable of half MOA with factory ammo (and the rifle itself is older than me :D )

Yes, aluminium receiver

I hope it’s rigid enough. Heard about some issues with the 202 in aluminum variation because of damaged dovetail, but I don’t know if it was maybe a users fault etc.

Bad News

The arms manufacturer Sig Sauer closes its operations in Germany Eckendörde

The weapons that were still available for pre-order at the time are no longer listed in the online shop.

I hope someone from l & o holding (maybe sig sauer usa) will take over the production.

Bad News

The weapons that were still available for pre-order at the time are no longer listed in the online shop.

I hope someone from l & o holding (maybe sig sauer usa) will take over the production.
Rumour says that they are moving (allmost) all production to the US...

Looks cool, and collectors will eat this up. But they're entering a crowded field of really good chassis systems, and I just don't see the appeal for that price tag.

Bad News

It's a pretty crowded market here in the US. Lots of people are making a chassis and/or chassis rifle for less than what SIG is asking here. I think that if you're looking for functionality and use out of a rifle, you can get what SIG is offering for less so long as you're okay giving up the German-made sexiness.

Rumour says that they are moving (allmost) all production to the US...

Got the news of the eckernførde plant closing a few weeks back, all of the news from Sig Sauer out of there has been cancelled...

I really hope they resume production in the US, and bring some of these to life there.

And this not just on the rifle side, they released a new X-five 320 9mm at the same time as the above, I was on the list for one but dealer called yesterday saying it wont go to production before they close...

I own and compete with a x-six P226, and was really looking forward to the «Alpha» as an replacement! In other words, hope to be able to buy this one from the States in a few years!

6885BF58-2197-4F60-B8F6-ED5AFE926756.jpeg

Looks cool, and collectors will eat this up. But they're entering a crowded field of really good chassis systems, and I just don't see the appeal for that price tag.
It's a pretty crowded market here in the US. Lots of people are making a chassis and/or chassis rifle for less than what SIG is asking here. I think that if you're looking for functionality and use out of a rifle, you can get what SIG is offering for less so long as you're okay giving up the German-made sexiness.
Well, moving production to the US will remove the tolls associated with import to the US. You (over there) will get a price reduction and, if SIG wills it, the SSG and STR... And hopefully some other European models as well.

We'll see...

I think if it will Made by sig america, it will get a lower Price for the usa market. The „high“ Price was intendet for european market.

for Example, Here in Germany a Tikka ctr with an folder KRG Whiskey Chassi Would be at the Same Price Point as the Phoenix 200 :rolleyes: So the phoenix was really worth considering for me