• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Sightron S3 tactical 2.5-17.5x56 ill mil ret

TorF

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2003
Norway
32e6f551a40e9ecf7d00e862d8f9aa70-image.jpeg

6066c637598e21df6a0c22385e47d420-image.jpeg

FOV: 41.9-6.1

Eye r: 89-94mm

Reticle: MIL-HASH IR

Click value: 1 MRAD

Min. pr. revolution: 5 MRAD

Windage/ Elevation travel@100yds: 11.6/23.2 MILS

Knob style: Tactical

Vekt: 867 gram

Lengde: 36,8cm

Tube diameter: 30 mm

Last edited:
I've been wanting a mid-range magnification Sightron SIII to hit the market for a long while! Looks promising...
If the glass is as good or better than current SIII offerings, it should be a huge win.

Looking at the website I think these are SECOND focal plane. Nowhere on the sightron site does it say they are first focal plane, and it gives different reticle sizes for different powers. The only FFP scopes look to still be the 6-24s

7x max ratio in FFP would be damn near useless on low power. I do like that scope though, if only they didn't have the big dot in the middle of the reticle it would be perfect.

The new mil/mil version of the 1-7 looks promising. I hope the center dot isn't too big, then it may be a winner.

Their website appears to say its .3 mils which would be good with me.

ETA: I just noticed it says measurements are in inches. :(

Last edited:
Looking at the website I think these are SECOND focal plane. Nowhere on the sightron site does it say they are first focal plane, and it gives different reticle sizes for different powers. The only FFP scopes look to still be the 6-24s

You are right. Mye first info was incorrect. This is a SPF scope.

The scope is in the shops in Norway.

Don't get me wrong, as I'm a sightron fan and user. I dont see the logic in creating a new line, s-tac, with the same reticles offered in the s3. The objective is too big, 50 mm would be more than sufficient. Also, ripping off nightforce styling cues is a bit cheesy and dissapointing to see. I hope they reevaluate and try again.

I've been a Sightron SIII fan & user for several years, and currently own four of the 6-24x50 LRMOAs, one older 6-24x50 LRMD, and a couple of their 8-32x56 LRD scopes on BR rifles. Bought a couple Vortex Viper PST sfp 6-24x50s w/EBR-1 reticles last year, and really like the knobs, reticle, & even the lo-tech zero stop of the PSTs. My take on these scopes after using them in DMR/practical steel matches is that: 1. Optically, the SIIIs are slightly superior to the Vortex - not much difference between the two in good light, but the SIIIs are a little better in resolving details when the light's not perfect. 2. Vortex's knobs are head & shoulders better than the SIIIs. Better tactile feel, and no issues getting moved off zero while removing a rifle from a drag bag - always gotta check the SIII 'tactical' knobs after pulling a rifle out of its bag. 3. Not having a zero stop sucks when shooting matches with targets from 100 out to 1400yds. Really liked the PST's stop, but recently had an issue with the stop in the older of the two PSTs. Gotta call Vortex and quiz 'em about it.

So, what I'd really like to see out of Sightron is a scope with knobs like the PST's, a zero stop more like what Bushnell's got on their 34mm ET scopes, and a ffp reticle that's usable with a magnification range of 6-24x. A scope like that with a price about $200-$250 more than their current SIII 6-24x50 LRMOA would be one heckuva nice deal. Long as I'm dreamin, might as well ask for everything I can think of. Oh yeah - it'd be great to have it available anodized in FDE.

Probably should just forget about day dreaming, and spring for a Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50....

Last edited: