• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Sightron scopes for 2011

JAAM12

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2010
Iowa
Here is the info on the new 6-24x50 sightron scope:

Name SIIISS624X50LRMD/CM
Magnification 6-24X
Object Diameter 50
Eye Relief 3.6-3.8
Reticle Type Mil-Dot
Click Value .1 MRAD
Fov 16.1-3.9
Length 14.96
Tube Diameter 30 mm
Windage Elevation Travel 100
Weight 21.90
Finish Matte Black
Minutes Per Revolution 5 MRAD
Target Knobs No
Lens Cover Included Yes
Fully Multi Coated Yes (Zact-7 TM 7-Layer)

Looks good.

John

Re: New Sightron scopes for 2011

awesome! Thanks! Looks like there'll be a SIII 6.5-24x50 mil-dot with MOA on the For Sale or Trade section.

oops. sorry, didn't see the previous posts.

John

I wonder when these are going to be available. I need a varmint scope and the 3.5x10 in the moa is perfect. I think that scope has found a new home. I have never had 1 of their scopes but have heard a lot of great things about them. Alot of people say they have some good glass. Wish i could look through 1.

I call Sightron and they sould be out at the end of Jan or sometime in Feb. According to Swfa, they are SFP. I only asked when they would be coming out.

John

Awsome news. Will be very curious to see the price point.

Iam sure Vortex is kicking themselves for not getting the PST's ready quicker.

Will pick one up quick if they are around a grand.

Oh yeah, one of those just got moved to my priority list.

I noticed on the website the mil/mil version does not have target turrets, that might be a dealbreaker for me.

no target knobs?? how good is that on a tactical scope??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no target knobs?? how good is that on a tactical scope?? </div></div>

that is such a deal killer...

I have an SIII in 6-24, but the target knobs make that scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no target knobs?? how good is that on a tactical scope?? </div></div>

I believe that they are going to be exposed "tactical" knobs, not covered "target" knobs. At ease guys. I'm pretty sure Sightron isn't quite that dumb...
wink.gif

siiiss624x50lrmoa.jpg

Looks like different turrets than the tactical fixed powers they have. Looks to be one allen screw on top. I am definitely picking one of these up but I am on the fence between the new Moa Reticle or plain old mildot..
Also Swfa already lists them does anyone know when they are shipping?

Sightron told me end of Jan or first of Feb. I am also liking at getting one myself.

John

That is much better, I am at ease now
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Metalhead0483</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no target knobs?? how good is that on a tactical scope?? </div></div>

I believe that they are going to be exposed "tactical" knobs, not covered "target" knobs. At ease guys. I'm pretty sure Sightron isn't quite that dumb...
wink.gif
</div></div>

I just found my new scope. I cant afford a NF, USO or anything like that. I've been looking at a Sightron. A friend recently bought one and so far it's impressive.

I've been hearing that some of the models are going to have an illuminated reticle, can anyone comment on this?

Curious as to why Sightron provided the Mrad models with a plain MD reticle as opposed to the nicer reticles on the MOA models.

Where does the glass quality on one of these fit in? What is it comparable to?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: savageman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awsome news. Will be very curious to see the price point.

Will pick one up quick if they are around a grand. </div></div>

I doubt it. I wonder if Sightron will be kicking themselves for still not coming out with FFP?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeffersonv</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: savageman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awsome news. Will be very curious to see the price point.

Will pick one up quick if they are around a grand. </div></div>

I doubt it. I wonder if Sightron will be kicking themselves for still not coming out with FFP? </div></div>

I wondered that myself about the FFP I heard rumors that for next year it is in the works. Most guys I see at f-class and bench rest don't seem to like FFP scopes, or they don't understand them.

For F-class there is really not much out the can compete with the Sightron 10-50X, the Nightforce BR is the only scope even close to the same price, but it doesn’t have a mil dot option which will work well for F-class like the Sightron will with its .05 mil adjustments. The Sightron will have the features of an NSX at a price below the BR. Plus the Sightron has more adjustment range, 50 MOA instead of 40 for the BR or 45 for the NSX, as well as a larger objective and .05 mil turrets, and more magnification on both the high and low end. The only question is the quality of glass, and for me at least Nightforce glass always seems kind of dull, with washed out color. FFP doesn’t work well for target shooting.

Agree. My point on that comment on my last post. Apples and oranges.