• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Sinclair Tactical Bipod

mrtoyz

Armchair Commando
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2009
Western WA
Anyone played with one?
I saw a pic in the new Sinclair catalog. For $229 I'm not sure I want to be a guinea pig.

-T

Re: New Sinclair Tactical Bipod

If it's the wide Sled legged thing, there isn't anything I'd consider tactical about it. 1 bush or a few weeds and it's hung up. Looks like it would be stable for F-Class.

Yeah, no pick on the website. Only pick I could find is in my buddies Sinclair Catalog. I'll try and get it from him and copy it.

-Toyz

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One-Eyed Jack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It weighs 1 lb 12 oz, must be sturdy. </div></div>

another boat anchor for the field.....as if we don't have enough to carry. Maybe for F-class though. Hope it doesn't look like the F-class bipod.....geez that thing is ugly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never mind the bipod,. the Anschutz chick was way more interesting.

food for thought.. hmm Pete </div></div>

smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never mind the bipod,. the Anschutz chick was way more interesting.

ahh, the Anschutz girl...now what was this thread about?

If she can shoot ..............

Yes I saw it today in the Sinclair Catalogue....Like said above 1-lb/12oz..That's almost 2-lbs anyway you cut it and that seems heavy. How much does a Harris or Atlas weigh in at?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A few questions...

What does this bipod do that the Atlas does not?

When was the last time Sinclair contributed to a SH or RO event? Or even supported the 'Hide for that matter...Never.

</div></div>

+1 Mike

I looked in your sponsor section and clicked on gunsmith tools. Up came the Brownells ad. Brownells owns Sinclair.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cockcroft</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I looked in your sponsor section and clicked on gunsmith tools. Up came the Brownells ad. Brownells owns Sinclair.</div></div>

Brownells owns Sinclair true, but they barely advertise on this site.

Let me reiterate the point. Brownells or Sinclair do not send items to the SH Cup or Bash whereas Kasey does. Therefore support the vendors that truly "support" Sniper's Hide.

Capice?

They might not support the site but they do support the shooting community at matches. At the Nationals they gave away door prizes and to the top winners also.

Plus they do support their customers and if you have a chance to talk to them in person, they listen to ides of making their products better. I do agree maybe they should support Snipershide. How about Snipers-paradise, AR15.com, Glock Talk, HK pro, Cal Guns, 6mmBR and the list goes on. Maybe if they see this they will and I do 100% understand your point of view. I do not want to get into a pissing match over that issue I respect your feelings.

Now back to the pod and its ability to work. Is it a product people can use? Is it overpriced and is it made just has well as the Atlas. Would you buy one because of the weight issue. I mean the Atlas is 10.5oz and $219.00 compared to 1-lb 12oz and still in the ball park of $230.00.
Sitting here looking at the pictures in the 2009 Christmas Catalog it looks like it is built like a tank so maybe it has it's pluses for the weight issue.

It adjusts from 6.5" to 12.5" has a cant lock similar to the KMW Pod-Lock and positive stops on adjustable legs.

At 1 lbs 12 oz seems a bit heafyty and at $230 seems a bit salty in price but is lighter than the 2 lbs 4 oz F-class bipod.

Pat

Hey guys thanks for the support but I feel the need to clarify that the Atlas was designed within the parameters set by the specifications for the SCAR program (which we met with the only exception being the deadline), not F-Class. In other words, it was designed for guys to run about shooting bad guys not carrying to a firing line. And before anyone get offended, I'm in no way knocking f-class, I appreciate people shooting whatever they have to shot in whatever discipline they choose. I'm simply saying the Atlas was built for a different application.

Having said that, we can certainly build a F-class bipod incorporating some of the patented features found on the Atlas and in fact, the greater weight allowance along with some other liberties would be welcome during the design stage.

Again, to our supporters, I appreciate what you do.

A photo would be nice...

Could anyone post here the photo of the Sinclair catalog, please?

What does it matter that Sinclair does not give prizes for the Cup or Bash? They support a lot of other venues, including this website, and without this website how many prizes would be on the table at either one of those events?

I saw that bipod in the new catalog a couple weeks ago and was quite impressed. However, it seems a little big and heavy for most of my requirements. I would like to see them make a near identical version that is half the weight, smaller snagfree cant lock, and has a low profile picatinny interface. Maybe instead of complaining about Sinclair we should offer them an invite to work with our community and this bipod design is a great place to start. Not knocking the very awesome atlas bipod, just saying variety is always good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mustanggt1995</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_NEW.jpg
</div></div>Now that is a good image - way better than the bland one on Sinclairs site. I've been offered a test model by the Spanish army - was reluctant but now.......