• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Site Features Survey

alexj-12

Administrator
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 17, 2020
    Illinois
    Hey everyone!

Since we've made a ton of changes to the site, we wanted to get some feedback from you all about how much you like the new site, what you still want to see, really any extra info you want to share! You should see a notice at the top of the page, go ahead and click the submit survey button and give us any feedback that you can.

Reactions: seansmd
    Love the mindset on tuning the customer experience

Nah,

The survey has a purpose the complainer that got invited to leave were being assholes and not providing constructive criticism. It's one thing to be helpful I have plenty of PMs with considerations to the upgrade, vs public bullshit statements

It's one thing to Jump in before a job is complete to complain and whine about it, it's different to say, Hey this can be better

If you are paying any sort of attention stuff based on feedback is changing

But thanks for providing you suicide for the rest of us to learn from

Some of the combined sections have duplicate threads that were part of the sticky system, I am removing them as I go.

I am also adding tags to those sticky posts because you can navigate with them, if you have a subsection area like the Bear Pit, with the labels next to the sticky posts you can navigate to places like Maggies.

If you want to visit Maggies, you can just click on the green tag and it will load them all up, So next to forum rules you see a tag, hit it you enter Maggies

I like the old format much better, the new format is distracting in many ways

I'm not doing the survey, but just wanted to say, I think ya'll are doing a great job! Can't imagine how much work goes into this behind the scenes. I really like the ability to search specific threads with the filters. Color coding is nice too.

I like it, at first I wasn’t sure but with time I grown to like the condensed version.

It's like anything. You get used to it being a certain way, it gets changed, you complain a little and keep going. In a few weeks you're used to the new way and it's no longer an issue.
    Like a section and want to always land there first? If only browsers had a tool for that :unsure:
    What would they call it?
    Bookmarks? Favorites? Shortcuts?

Reactions: isofahunter
    My only complaint is lumping Maggie's Drawers, etc. into the Bear Pit. Seems a bit more jumbled up to me finding my usual threads. Otherwise all good.

It’s not jumbled use the tags, its one click.

fuck you people are a chore some days, get a clue or don’t act surprised when you’re made to look stupid

Last edited:
    Old format was much better. I don't use/ have Google sign in for surveys.

I know I'm a forum rookie, and as such, my opinion doesn't matter.......but I'd love it if the notifications & messages icons would stay visible instead of disappearing when you scroll down.

I do appreciate not having to scroll thru a million sub-forums. Now maybe condense all the stickies in the reloading section??

@x2cross when you start to scroll up the arrows should pop up that allow to go navigate to top of bottom. I do agree having some of the top items remain in frame would be nice, but this is quick. The notifications, messages icons, and the watch/unwatch specifically.
    20201230_070258.jpg

Can we get a prefix/filter tag for Fitness threads in the Pit?

Frank!! where did the gunsmithin go?

The Armory (literally the first subforum on the front page of the forum). Click on "filter", click "Gunsmithing", and you'll see the threads.

Question: I know that "Maggies", and therefore the "Movie Theater" was absorbed into "The Bear Pit". So if I wanted to go straight to "Movie Theater", is there a faster way than just going to the Pit and scrolling through looking for a "Movie Theater" tag to click on?

Question: I know that "Maggies", and therefore the "Movie Theater" was absorbed into "The Bear Pit". So if I wanted to go straight to "Movie Theater", is there a faster way than just going to the Pit and scrolling through looking for a "Movie Theater" tag to click on?
    Pit/filters (upper right)/prefix/movie theater.