• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New sniper record?

madarcher427

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2014
michigan
Has anyone heard any thing about the sniper record being broken? What was the longest shot done by the guy from Britain? Are any snipers using the .408 chey yet?

1.54 miles if memory serves, haven't heard anything about a new record.

He's talking about the Australians @3k.

If I remember right, the mission, IE the kill was made and therefor, was a success but, the shot was unconfirmed.

I don't think shooters really care about records considering many unconfirmed shots have been taken from similar distances (2700+yds)...Putting that out there.

That's from 2012.

I remember it being brought up on CNN a few weeks back. Don't remember what it was for but, my google-foo wasn't able to locate it. - So this is popping up again.

In 2012, it was unconfirmed but, they youtubed a similar shot. - I remember seeing a video -- Not sure if it was THE shot but, it was of the unit.

It was 2 shooters on 82A1's, they were elevated, @3050yds...They shot simultaneously, took down the target who was immediately thrown in the back of a pickup and driven away thus, no confirmation. - It was a Taliban Commander whom after the shot has neither been seen nor heard of...

I don't know if you'd consider that a "record" but, that's still a bad ass shot.

50 cal at 3050 is a hole the size of a grapefruit if my impact data isn't off...So, it is what it is.