• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Steiner Predator 8 Series

cjs88

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Jan 7, 2020
    TEXAS
    I know Steiner is not on the go to list for a lot of people when it comes to scopes, I could be wrong, but I just got the email from EO on this new line. I have a Predator 4 on my hunting rifle and initial impressions are positive. The 8 seems to have added the ballistic turret and went from a 30mm tube to a 40mm tube. Anyone have first hand experience with the new line?

Last edited:
    Saw that today, I think the 40mm diameter is a typo though unless Steiner has 40mm rings now for sale.

If only they would have made it with a mil reticle......

I don't have the Predators, but I do have a pair of 8x30 AF Steiners (don't remember the model). I like them in creek bottoms where shots are <70yds. The glass is superb.

Not to derail this thread, but since we're talking Steiner, any comments on the T5Xi? I'm about to put a 5x25x56 on my M82a1. Am I making a mistake?

Any idea where they will end up price-wise? Because right now with my mil discount the T5Xi is pretty hard to pass up.

Any updates with the Predator 8?
    I just got my 2-16×42 and mounted it on my Anschutz 1761 22 mag. Initial impressions are that it has great glass and lightweight (23 oz). I really like the reticle which is uncluttered and gets plenty bright when turned up to max illumination.

I haven't used the ballistic turret yet, but it has 3 rings for quick dialing at various distances. If using the turret, there shouldn't be a need to use the holdover lines although they are there. The eyebox is decent on the low end, but gets noticeably tight as expected at higher magnification.

I think the reticle and turret makes this a standout scope for hunting. Let me know what questions you have and I'll try to give you more insight.

I’ve got the 3-24 and it’s VERY nice optically. Turrets don’t compare well for a tactile click with the more tactical scopes but for hunting purposes I’m very impressed.

Reactions: jrkotz